Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally deleted the system messeges app

ploskost
Star I
  1. Model Name: ASUS_AI2202
  2. Firmware Version: Can't find it
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted

I've got an Asus Zenfone 9 and I accidentally deleted the system messages app, how can I restore or reinstall it?

Also, is there a way to make the phone's touch not so sensitive? If I somehow accidentally put it in my pocket without locking it it will push all sorts of things, the same thing happenes when I'm on a call or whenever the phone is not locked and slightly remotely touchs any part of my body, even if that part is clothed. 

Thank you,

Sharon 

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately Asus put the the Smart Key at the wrong height, to avoid unlock the screen by accident you will need to select Push Only for Screen Off Unlock. To installed the Messages App go to Play Store and install Google Messages again.

ploskost
Star I

Already done that, the problem is not that I accidentally unlock the screen, it is that when the phone is unlocked all kinds of things get clicked unintentionally even when it's in my pocket or just lying somewhere like for instance on my chest when I have a shirt on.

Is Google Messages the default Asus Zenfone 9 messages app? 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.