This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling with Drillisch (Germany)

belegdol
Rising Star I

Hello,

I have recently switched my carrier from Freenet to one of the Drillisch brands (handyvertrag.de). With Freenet both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling options were available, with the new SIM neither of them is. Who is to blame? ASUS, the carrier, or both? And can anything be done to remedy this situation? I do not really want to be stuck with 2G calls for two years. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Cyslawo
Rising Star II

Support for zenfone 8 has been abandoned, so there wont be support for any other carrier than supported now.

belegdol
Rising Star I

Well I am hoping for the one last update at least. For reference, Huawei updated the P30 from 2019 adding VoLTE support for 1und1/Drillisch network, even though the phone was not getting regular updates for months. Zenfone 8 is more than two years younger.

Cyslawo
Rising Star II

In polish tmobile volte is supported and enabled on zenfone 8, but there is problem with bad outgoing call quality. On zenfone 9 and 10 this problem is not present, so asus know correct volte configuration for this carrier, but despite this, there is no update for zenfone 8, settings are still bugged. And this all since like 2 years.