This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Zenfone 8?

daines13
Star I

Given the growing pains of the Pixel 6, I am considering selling it if the January update doesn’t fix the most annoying things. I have been looking for alternatives and landed on Zenfone 8. It sounds like a good phone on paper except the not so great camera and the battery. This surprises me because a phone like this should have received more attention, yet I barely heard of it — and I usually keep up with what is going on in the phone world.

Zenfone 8 users out here, what has your experience been like? Have you ever used a Pixel? If so, what features do you miss?

What is Zen UI like? I am told it is close to stock, but does it have any unique features. The ASUS page about Zen UI is pretty barebones to be honest.

Also, what is the support situation like? Does it get regular security updates? What about repairs? Given that ASUS is barely present in the US when it comes to phone, do they have service centers? Or do they just send you to uBreakFix like Google?

What about Android 12? Has it been updated yet? Does it use Material You? I absolutely hate MY.

Any other pros or cons? Anything else I should know about?

And lastly, what does the US carrier support look like?

I know that is a lot of question, but it is not available offline — meaning I can’t walk into a Best Buy to check it out — and ASUS has a punishing return policy if you don’t like the phone — as opposed to defective ones. So indirect opinions and thoughts are the only way to go for me.

5 REPLIES 5

bobekos1
Rising Star I

Jak chcesz już kupić Zenfone to tylko wersję 9, poprawiona względem 8. 

Martin78pl
Star I

Most annoying things about this is phone can unlock himself in pocket

Glecas
Star III

I love the Zenfone 8. It is one of the best android phones of this size (at this moment).

The camera is good and I have no complaints. Photos are otherwise an easy thing to search for to get a look at how the pictures come out.

I have no complaints about the battery either. It's "just like any other" smartphone nowadays. If you use it heavily you'd have to charge it every day. But which phone is any different?

Regarding the support, technical or hardware repairs: I have no idea since I haven't had any issues that required me to seek any support.

The current available OS is Android 13 and I think that's the last version for this phone. I have no proof to back it up but I hope at least they still provide security updates and native app updates (please bring back the Asus sound-recorder from version 12) 🙏.

ceejeey
Star II

Well more people are now having issue with WIFI not detecting a network.