Did you mean: 

people ear echo while in speaker mode

RobertFastec
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 8
Firmware Version: M3 13 24 79
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): any talk in speaker mode

If all the people owning a Zenfone 8 would use speaker mode, this thread would be endless

Asus delivered Zenfone 8 with this big issue and only people using speaker mode discovered it

Try by your own. People on the other side cannot talk with you because they ear their self voice and it becomes impossible for them to talk with you

Speaker mode is a must and you admitted this issue when now most of the phones are out of warranty

37 REPLIES 37

I have echo in every app like messenger, Viber, signal etc. It happens after 1/3 speaker volume.

I have the exact same situation.

The problema with a standard phone call in speaker mode, is there no matter the volume

In whatsapp is totally absent

This mean the problem is software

And there are all the elements for a class action

I believe we might be dealing with 2 different issues here.
Some users complain of echo regardless of the app (phone, whatsapp), that's my situation and I believe it might be a hardware issue.
Others like yourself report trouble with phone calls only, which leads me to think of software issues.

afsilva
Star III

Update on the RMA: phone came back from service center without any repair. Technical report states that they were unable to reproduce the issue and only did a firmware upgrade (same version I had before, whatever...).

First thing I did was to put a SIM card in (from another telco operator) and make a phone call test. Guess what: problem is still there! Which makes sense, considering the service center did NOTHING and didn't even bother to call the customer to understand the reported issue 😤

So, new chat with ASUS support complaining about it, they asked me to send an audio recording of the symptom so they can escalate the issue internally. File sent, waiting for further news.

What can I say...with all the information supplied on the first RMA and the service center still manages to mess up. Absolutely genius!