This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No music player - WHY???

peirac
Star II
Hi to everyone, i would ask, if i am the only one, who is disappointed with fact, that Zenfone 8 has no built-in music player. I use bluetooth accessories, intercom in my motorcycle helmet and i am not able to control playing music, i have to start some player in my cellphone, believe me, that it is not comfortable. I use BT headphones and when i off them, then my cellphone playing music loudly, so i have to take it and quit music player manually 😫. My old lowcost phone was without problem and i didn't assume, that thing like this can be problem in "flagship phone" ...
Can you someone help me?
10 REPLIES 10

Blumi
Rising Star II
peirac

Hi to everyone, i would ask, if i am the only one, who is disappointed with fact, that Zenfone 8 has no built-in music player. I use bluetooth accessories, intercom in my motorcycle helmet and i am not able to control playing music, i have to start some player in my cellphone, believe me, that it is not comfortable. I use BT headphones and when i off them, then my cellphone playing music loudly, so i have to take it and quit music player manually 😫. My old lowcost phone was without problem and i didn't assume, that thing like this can be problem in "flagship phone" ...

Can you someone help me?

No music player - WHY???
I like that I may use what I want: No bloatware

peirac
Star II
Blumi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/55431/no-music-player-why

I like that I may use what I want: No bloatware

View post
... but, this cellphone is not suitable for bikers, there is no support for intercom control ... maybe this should be written somewhere, i could choose cellphone from another producer.

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
peirac

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195510#Comment_195510

... but, this cellphone is not suitable for bikers, there is no support for intercom control ... maybe this should be written somewhere, i could choose cellphone from another producer.

View post
What do you mean "no support for intercom control"?
Your chosen audio player app should have an option to pause music on headset disconnect.
And even if there was a "built-in audio player", it would still be an app that you would need to start when you want to use it.
Also, i think most modern audio player apps have an option to display controls on the lock screen.
I think that most of your problems can be fixed by choosing an app that can be configured in the way you need it to work. Did you have a look at Poweramp, for example?

peirac
Star II
I can believe, tht the right app can help me. Now i use Audify.
What do i mean "no support ... " - maybe i am quite angry with this, so i use stronger words. I compare with my previous cellphone (Huawei P-smart). As a intercom i use Sena 5s:
starting to play music with my old phone was simply through button on my intercom, nothing more i needed to do, so i was able to ON and START PLAYING during driving my motorbike. I didn't need to start an app, because music player was implemented into system. It was easy to do with motorbike gloves.
now i have to start intercom, start music app in phone, i must start playback from cellphone, when i arrive some call or switch to radio and back on music, then music app gets off and then .... i have to start music from my phone.
Believe me, thet this is really not comfortable.