This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating issues Asus ZenFone 8

snake316_zk
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help: Phone heats up very quickly when using for light tasks ie Browing web pages, reading messages on what's app etc
Model Name: Asus ZenFone 8
Firmware Version: 30.11.51.60
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: whenever in use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
First time buyer for Asus, well in mobile market any way. I feel like crying because why Asus would you make possibly what could of been the best phone in the market and just throw it away. Was anticipating release of this handset and my gosh how disappointed I am. Phone becomes abnormally hot from normal use and my word, when charging don't even ask. Put it this way, I can't hold the top half of phone for more than few mins before feeling like I will have burn marks on my fingers. With big regret will be sending this phone back tomorrow, such a wasted opportunity. First impressions not great
========================================

27 REPLIES 27

kbala1992
Star I
Heating issue for me as well

dradum
Star II
The most recent update (51.83) says that it improved thermals for the Asus Camera. However, it did NOT improve thermals, as Asus claims. Just like before the update, I am barely able to record 6 minutes of 4k 60 fps before the camera app shuts down. And mind you, this happens at an ambient temperature of about 29 °C, not 35. Also, the phone heats up rapidly when performing usual tasks, such as updating the apps. Again, just like before. This is already the fifth update and the heating issue is not resolved. And no, it is not just my phone, there are plenty of folks on this forum complaining about that. I have had enough. I am returning the phone.

th_besch
Rising Star I
Hi there,
today I streamed a YouTube video to my tv, and after a few minutes the zenfone was incredibely hot. Also I noticed a huge battery drain. This does not happen with my six y/o Sony Xperia Z1 compact, which means it is not necessary to use so much energy for the streaming procedure.
May be this is a useful information for the developers to solve the overheating problem?

b_preslavski
Star III
Since today, even talking on the phone heats it up to uncomfortable point. And this is with advanced battery options all to the left....

Alex_s
Rising Star I
b.preslavski

Since today, even talking on the phone heats it up to uncomfortable point. And this is with advanced battery options all to the left....

View post
The advanced mode is broken because the cpu never goes down below 1.3 Ghz. Use Dynamic or better ultra durable with activated background sync, 90hz. Disable the visual setting of ultra durable mode. There's a extra setting to disable the orange battery icon. This allows for a reasonably good battery runtime.
screenshot-20210720-145115374.jpg