cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint and FaceID suddenly shuts off

Hozyainjunior
Star I
Hello dear community.
Recently I started getting problems with screen unlock features on my phone.
For some unknown reason, my Zenfone 8 suddenly shuts off fingerprint and FaceID simultaneously. It does not matter what I do (browse web, listen to music or even when my phone lays on a desk in standby mode), it just disables those unlock options with no error or warning.
Phone simply locks screen on its own.
I can still unlock it using pin code, or reboot device to get those features working again, but it is always temporary solution (sometimes minutes, sometime hours).
Weird thing is it started to occur when I moved to another country. Not sure if it's related or just coincidence.
Any options apart from resetting the phone?
8 REPLIES 8

Hozyainjunior
Star I
Yeah pio_zen, I know what you're saying, but it's not my case.
My zenfone turns off biometric unlock permanently on its own until device is restarted.
That thing you mentioned normally re-enables biometric unlock once pin is provided, which sometimes works on my device too, but more often it simply disables the whole biometric unlock thing entirely until I manually reboot device.

keren_ASUS
@Hozyainjunior Can you help me out by uploading a General Cases log? You can do so by entering
Open the calculator
  Enter “.19595+=”
Generate a 'general cases' log
Follow the instructions on your phone and then share the link to the log here. Thank you!

Hozyainjunior
Star I
Seems I figured what was causing this problem, though not clear if this is expected or not.
I did notice when phone disabled biometrics my primary SIM was getting locked as well, simultaneously.
In SIM card parameters, it was showing "PIN code is locked".
I disabled PIN code to check and no issues since then.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.