This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto loses GPS position after system upgrade to.138

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
I can confirm that there are definitely problems with Android Auto after update to .138
I have lost GPS position twice last week following the upgrade and twice today.
To be sure, I deleted Android Auto cache and data and restarted my phone.
I started the route normally from google maps on the phone, connected the phone via usb cable to the car (Toyota) and started driving. Everything was okay for 5-10 min, but then the position on the Android Auto screen stopped updating. I had to unplug the phone and reconnect it to get the correct position. Again, after some time, the position was off.
This is a serious problem that can seriously affect users, and can lead to life-threatening situations.
6 REPLIES 6

keren_ASUS
Hi @erik.paladin
Thank you, we have reported this and will update you here.

keren_ASUS
Hi @erik.paladin 
Our team wasn't able to replicate this issue so we require your help in getting a log. You can do so by:
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=" then select Location, then replicate the issue.
Once you're done with please share the Google drive link here.
Also, does this only happen when you use Google maps or other apps like Wyze? If only on Google, please make sure that your app is properly updated. Thank you!

keren_ASUS
Hello! Are you still facing this issue? If so, please help us out with a log! Thank you so much!

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II
Yes, I still do, but I don't know how to share log after created. Can you give us a email to send it? Where is the log located on the internal memory also?