cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera App not working, black screen

belegdol
Rising Star I

Hello,

I dropped my phone recently and the back cracked. I have then replaced the cover and everything seemed fine. Unfortunately, now I have realized that the camera app is not working. Not sure if it was broken after the drop or only after the back cover replacement as I am not taking that many pictures. Capturing the picture via whatsapp still works. I did the SMMI test as suggested in another thread [1] and got pretty much the same results: Front Camera1 and Rear Camera2 work whereas Front Camera 1 results in black screen.

The consensus seems to be that this is a hardware issue. Where can I find the contact details of a service center?

[1] https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8/zenfone-camera/m-p/363950

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

belegdol
Rising Star I

With the camera module replaced everything is working as expected again. Please note that the OEM replacement part does not have the copper foil on it, so it either needs to be ordered separately or transferred from the old module.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

keren_ASUS

Hello @belegdol 

You can find more information on the service centers here: https://www.asus.com/de/support/service-center/germany/

belegdol
Rising Star I

Thank you for the input. From the looks of it the page you linked to unfortunately does not allow to contact the service center to discuss the issue and get an estimate. One rather has to directly start an RMA which is a bit too much all-or-nothing approach for me. I would at least like to know what a diagnosis is going to cost before I send my phone in.

I have ordered the camera module online instead and I am going to replace it myself. The lead time is several weeks so I would appreciate if this thread could be kept open until I can report back whether the replacement has helped.

belegdol
Rising Star I

With the camera module replaced everything is working as expected again. Please note that the OEM replacement part does not have the copper foil on it, so it either needs to be ordered separately or transferred from the old module.