This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any battery life improvements?

rodionmonin
Star II
Are there going to be any battery life improvements?
For now the battery life is very disappointing. I want to believe it's a software issue, but damn. I really like everything about this phone except it's power consumption. Before buying I kinda hoped that managing CPU and GPU performance might solve the issue, but so far it's no different from the Dynamic mode.
During the day the max I can juice out of the phone is 4.5-5 hours of screen on time. And it's from 100 percent to 0. Nothing to write home about at all.
Today it was 2.5 hours from 80 to 12 percent on 90hz refresh rate.
screenshot-20210610-011838432.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

pipsss81
Rising Star I
I have some concerns about battery longevity. When i am charging phone with 2A to 80%, voltage at the 80% is 4,3V. When i went to 95%, it went to 4.46V!!!! Can someone check voltages at 100%. Idk what mystical lithium technology is Asus using, but usually voltages over 4.3V are bad for a battery, 4,4V is much worse. 4.5V!?!??

skynetDE
Star II
pipsss81

I have some concerns about battery longevity. When i am charging phone with 2A to 80%, voltage at the 80% is 4,3V. When i went to 95%, it went to 4.46V!!!! Can someone check voltages at 100%. Idk what mystical lithium technology is Asus using, but usually voltages over 4.3V are bad for a battery, 4,4V is much worse. 4.5V!?!??

View post
You shouldn't charge your phone to 100% anyway as it causes the battery to wear badly.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 8 (ZS590KS)

【Release Date】

2021/06/10

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Optimized system stability
  2. Optimized fingerprint stability
  3. Improved system power consumption

[210607]ZenFone 8_WW_30.11.51.60
New Ota with battery optimisation