cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Admin

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

This update inherits the major functional changes introduced in the official version of Android 12, as well as continuing the popular ASUS battery- and performance-management features. For Zenfone models, it also includes ZenUI-specific changes that allow easier navigation, streamlined control panels, increased visibility for better control and more customization options. 

ASUS has already recruited Zenfone 8 users for the Android 12 beta testing program. The beta program will help identify and fix bugs based on real user experiences before the final software is rolled out in December. 

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

rog-phone-andriod-12-rolloutplan.jpg

Android 12 Release Schedule for Zenfone 8, Zenfone 7 and ROG Phone Series

ASUS today announced that the latest Android 12 upgrade will be available for the ZenFone 8 series commencing in December, 2021. This will be followed by upgrades for the ROG Phone 5 and 5s series in the first quarter of 2022. The upgrades for the Zenfone 7 series and ROG Phone 3 series are expected during the first half of 2022.

zenfone-andriod-12-rolloutplan-1080x1080.jpg

261 REPLIES 261

rfk
Star II
ekokrpka

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207419#Comment_207419

So I did the upgrade too, so far it works for me. The MIC quality indeed seems worse but I cannot really measure that, maybe it is due to GSM network. CPU cores 0-3 drop down to 300 MHz (but vary between 1209 or 1612 MHz), 4-6 are constantly at 710 MHz, CPU7 is at 844 MHz. The GUI itself seems faster and I also agree that the notification area seems weird. Can I reorganize the entries to move the items to different pages?

View post
Thanks for that privacy hint. I was wondering if there is any reason to go for Android 12, because it looks like it could make everything worse or at least the same as Android 11.

laurie_goldsmit
Star III
kastis84

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/206329#Comment_206329

Check again - yesterday ASUS rolled out v.107 with a January ( xD ) security update patch...

View post
I received the update last night, everything is ok so far.

Vanja1986
Star III
screenshot-20220317-160354841.jpg
Battery life is bad on my zenfone 8 on Andorid 12. Is this normal?any advice please. Phone is less than 1 month old
Im using dinamic battery setting and auto refresh rate with AOD on. Maybe the battery is defefective but the phone doesnt heat up or turns off by itself. Please help

piivikki
Star III
Just received android 12 update automatically (Sweden).
So far no bugs or issues and everything runs a lot smoother! Such a relief, I wasn't sure if I dared to update after reading about all the bugs and problems.
Even the finger recognition has gotten fast and flawless. I'm very happy about that as I had a lot of problems with it before the update (didn't recognize fingerprint 8 out of 10 times...)
Battery time is still a question mark but otherwise so far so good!

izani
Rising Star I
piivikki

Just received android 12 update automatically (Sweden).

So far no bugs or issues and everything runs a lot smoother! Such a relief, I wasn't sure if I dared to update after reading about all the bugs and problems.

Even the finger recognition has gotten fast and flawless. I'm very happy about that as I had a lot of problems with it before the update (didn't recognize fingerprint 8 out of 10 times...)

Battery time is still a question mark but otherwise so far so good!

View post
Received ODA ver.107 too 2 days ago (Malaysia).
2 days using it, seems all good. Haven't encounter any mentioned /discussed bugs yet.
Finger crossed 🤞