This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app stopped updating temperatures automatically after Android 11 upgrade

bonaqua
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Weather 7.1.0.52_210323
Build number: RKQ1.200710.002.30.41.69.78_20210623
Baseband version: M3.35.19.14-Tequila_001522
Kernel version: 4.19.110-perf+builder8250@builder8250-Z9NA-D6 #1Wed Jun 23 05:10:24 CST 2021
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Tried clearing cache and storage and setting battery optimization to not optimized for the weather app. Got it working for a couple of days until it stopped working again so it won't update temperatures automatically in the widget and app icon anymore no matter what I do. However, it updates temperatures if I manually click on the widget or app icon. So it looks like Android 11 upgrade broke the weather app somehow. Please fix it.
2 REPLIES 2

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
check this thread:
fear_dot_com_2000

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After updating to A11 I started to see major issues with the battery optimizations, mostly on Gmail app, but once I started to investigate I see it overall. Email notification come with hours , if not tens of hours delay , which was not the case on A10. I noticed that even whether app is not updating in timely fashion.

It looks like phone goes to hibernate and not resumes for notification only once in a couple of hours if not more. Strangely but whatsapp is working fine. I have disabled all battery optimizations and I saw some improvements but not that good as in A10. Yesterday for instance, I lost a couple of important emails since they Gmail App only synchronized once in 10 hours....which is unacceptable.

Factory reset does not help since I have done it at least 7 times due to various issues since A11 update a week ago...

Please help!!!! I don't know what else to look for!

A11 major problems with Gmail notifications

bonaqua
Star II
Thanks, looks like this is a wider issue