gianlucarsp
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 pro
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: at every use
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Whatsapp 2.21.7.14
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
After having installed A11 via OTA, I started noticing a very annoying lag in Whatsapp, mainly when exiting a discussion meanwhile the other person is typing in the same discussion: in details, the transition between a specific discussion and the main feed is very slow (at a very low frame rate) and totally not smooth.
I therefore decided to perform a factory reset and a fresh reinstallation of all the apps, whit the hope to fix it but, unfortunately, as soon as I installed Whatsapp again, the lag immediately popped up again as well.
I also tried to wipe the app cache but no result at all.
Any idea/suggestion? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Thank you in advance

20 REPLIES 20

leoch_wong
Star II
Exact same problem here. The lag seems to occur when I transition to the main feed after clicking on a message notification to access a specific chat.
No other lag or performance issues in other apps, so I suspect it is a bug specific to WhatsApp.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
This is not a whatsapp issue, but a ZF issue. This inly happens on A11 release and I saw a lot of other small lags in A11 especially when or after you clear your memory. Moreover on pixel 3a this is not happening...same on samsung galaxy s10...

gianlucarsp
Star II
fear_dot_com_2000

This is not a whatsapp issue, but a ZF issue. This inly happens on A11 release and I saw a lot of other small lags in A11 especially when or after you clear your memory. Moreover on pixel 3a this is not happening...same on samsung galaxy s10...

View post
I am fully convinced this is due to ZF software as the same issue was not present on Android 10, despite the same release of WhatsApp was installed.

leoch_wong
Star II
Yes, I agree with you. What I meant was it is a ZF issue specific to running WhatsApp, as opposed to general performance bug.