Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zenfone 7 camera is not workinig properly after update to android 12

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7
Firmware Version: Android 12
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): pretty much any app that uses the camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Zenfone 7 has never had any issues with the camera, but yesterday it updated to android 12.
After the update the camera keeps crashing when I try to flip it. I open the camera app (native), it's working fine. I can take photos, record videos, everything. However when I press the flip button the camera rotates towards me but the screen freezes and I have to force close the app. Sometimes after it happening I open the same app and it just won't open, not even the interface, screen is all black.
This happens on instagram and whatsapp as well, but I know it's not a hardware problem because it works fine on tiktok, for some unknown reason.
I downloaded a 2nd camera app to test it, and I was able to flip the camera without any problems, but the app crashed when I flipped it back to its original position again.
It really looks like a problem with the new update, maybe some conflict with the flipping of the camera that only zenfones have, I don't know, but right now I simply can't rotate my camera anymore or my app crashes.
1 REPLY 1

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.