This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte will soon be required for TMobile

mosimchah
Rising Star I
According to Android police TMobile will require volte in January 2021 https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/23/t-mobile-will-soon-require-volte-on-all-phones-incomopatibl... this means that the Zenfone 6 won't work on tmobile anymore in just a few months, I know in the past the mods have said that volte on tmobile is not a priority but maybe it could be a priority now, or is Asus planning on having all TMobile users find a new phone?
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
44 REPLIES 44

petteyg359
Star III
I can confirm the beta firmware VoLTE works. Tested by turning off Wi-Fi and using data during a phone call. That never worked on previous firmware.

sedl23
Rising Star II
petteyg359

I can confirm the beta firmware VoLTE works. Tested by turning off Wi-Fi and using data during a phone call. That never worked on previous firmware.

View post
That always worked Ive done it everyday on my zenfone 6 I've had for a year now on TMobile in Chicago

petteyg359
Star III
sedl23

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130037#Comment_130037

That always worked Ive done it everyday on my zenfone 6 I've had for a year now on TMobile in Chicago

View post
It never worked for me before today. Just updated to beta firmware yesterday.

mccarlson
Star II
I sure hope I can use my $800 Asus ROG phone 2 for more than just one year! Please give it an update to support VOLTE on T-Mobile in the U.S.! Only 6 weeks left!

mccarlson
Star II
​Thank you for contacting ASUS product support. My name is Cassandra C. I would like to welcome you to the ASUS family, I also appreciate the time out you have taken to notify us of your concern and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. I’m grateful to be able to further address this matter with you.

It is my understanding that you are inquiring about VoLTE support. Regrettably, ASUS unlocked carrier Zenfone devices sold in the USA do not support VoLTE. At this time, we are unable to confirm if there will be any updates that will have VoLTE support. I do apologize.

In the event that you have additional concerns, please let me know and I will be happy to take care of them as well. Thank you for choosing ASUS.