This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Charge 4.0

mastervishikh
Rising Star I
In the specs for Zenfone 6z it is mentioned it supports quick Charge 4.0. The adapter provided is of 18w. If I get a 27w or 36w adapter, will the phone support it or it will charge with 18w only. Does asus provide 27w or 36w adapters seperately?
6 REPLIES 6

_jis_
Zen Master III
If I get a 27w or 36w adapter, will the phone support it or it will charge with 18w only.
18W only.
Does asus provide 27w or 36w adapters seperately?
No.
It has a reason, Asus has equipped our phone with a really large capacity battery at the cost of not having inside spare room to inflate the battery at higher charging currents. Therefore, it only charges 18W, for which it has a longer life due to less stress on battery.

Mayendra
Rising Star II
_jis_

If I get a 27w or 36w adapter, will the phone support it or it will charge with 18w only.

18W only.

Does asus provide 27w or 36w adapters seperately?

No.

It has a reason, Asus has equipped our phone with a really large capacity battery at the cost of not having inside spare room to inflate the battery at higher charging currents. Therefore, it only charges 18W, for which it has a longer life due to less stress on battery.

View post
so that's asus reason? how about s20 ultra which has 5000 mAh and 45W fast charging?

mastervishikh
Rising Star I
@_jis_ Thanks for the info