Portrait mode disappeared from camera app of ZF6

vdix1
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence: first time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app, ver 6.4.0.0_200724
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So, the portrait mode was working fine in my ZF6 a couple of days ago, but today when i switched from the normal camera mode(which was working fine) to the portrait mode, i got an error saying "another app is using camera" but when i switched to another video/photo mode it worked fine. I restarted the phone and cleared storage and cache for the phone app, and when I opened the app again, the Portrait mode was gone. After restarting and clearing cache multiple times, nothing seems to have worked. Anyone else encountered this issue?
7 REPLIES 7

Sai_Hithesh
Rising Star II
vdix1

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
  3. Rooted or not:no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: first time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app, ver 6.4.0.0_200724

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

So, the portrait mode was working fine in my ZF6 a couple of days ago, but today when i switched from the normal camera mode(which was working fine) to the portrait mode, i got an error saying "another app is using camera" but when i switched to another video/photo mode it worked fine. I restarted the phone and cleared storage and cache for the phone app, and when I opened the app again, the Portrait mode was gone. After restarting and clearing cache multiple times, nothing seems to have worked. Anyone else encountered this issue?

Try in Gcam. You may get portrait mode there.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
vdix1

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
  3. Rooted or not:no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: first time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app, ver 6.4.0.0_200724

Try Clearing the cache and storage of the camera app

vdix1
Star I

vdix1
Star I
Sai Hithesh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36416/portrait-mode-disappeared-from-camera-app-of-zf6

Try in Gcam. You may get portrait mode there.

View post
Works fine there, but not in the default camera app.