cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple features missing

Khurram
Star II
Summary - Direct video call, WPS, reverse charging
WPS this is a feature we can see in a very low budget devices but this feature is missing from Asus 6z. 
Next thing is direct video call over VoLTE on jio network provider which is very important or we can find in every phone easily but this is also missing from Asus 6z 
Reverse charging highlighted feature in the launch event but i am unable to find it in setting even after connecting my another Android device via OTG
These all things are very useful and easy to find in other devices but missing in Asus 6z even after paying a huge amount of 32000
I am deciding to change my phone Asus 6z with another better device which have all this features or let me know upto when it will be fix .?
12 REPLIES 12

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
1. WPS was removed by Google in Android Pie
2. If we were to implement this feature which only works with Indian operators, it means that Europe would also get it without being able to use it. This is just one of several reasons why it is unlikely that we will include it.
3. You can reverse charge another phone via a USB C cable.

Khurram
Star II
So the Indians didn't get direct video call feature because Europe also use that feature.
This shows that indian market is not important for ASUS....
WPS is available in other devices running on Android pie

chr_maier
Star II
Khurram said:
I am deciding to change my phone Asus 6z with another better device which have all this features
Oh yes, please!
SCNR

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Khurram said:
So the Indians didn't get direct video call feature because Europe also use that feature.
This shows that indian market is not important for ASUS....
WPS is available in other devices running on Android pie
Ending WPS support by AOSP was not without purpose. It's unsafe and may be used to access and hijack your home network. Considering how much IoT could be connected to it, that can be dangerous. It's a feature, not a bug 😛