Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: .137
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
For some time now whenever i try turning on my flashlight the light only flashes for a second and then turns off, in android it's still shown as being on however. This doesn't happen all the time but more like 60 ish % of the time i try using my flashlight.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this a hardware problem by any chance. Recently factory restored my phone as well.
5 REPLIES 5

lokesh_s0904200
Rising Star I
Benjamin Bernhardsson

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: .137
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

For some time now whenever i try turning on my flashlight the light only flashes for a second and then turns off, in android it's still shown as being on however. This doesn't happen all the time but more like 60 ish % of the time i try using my flashlight.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this a hardware problem by any chance. Recently factory restored my phone as well.

Flashlight not always turning on
I am also facing similar issue but in my scenario when I enable flashlight sometimes only one light get lighten up and 2nd one doesn't, I don't know whether it's hardware issue or software

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Benjamin Bernhardsson

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: .137
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Flashlight not always turning on
Can you do SIMMI test & see if flashlight test pass/fails
Open calculator > press ".12345+=" > Single test > camera flashlight test > Now see if test pass/fails.
If it fails than most probably its hardware problem ifnot than please check how is behaviour of flashlight when you open camera app tap on flash options than you will see option torch like icon which you can use for continous flash light try to turn that on and see if flashlight still gets off after turning it on for sometime.
If behaves the same there as well than no other option than factory data reset this may be bug triggering after jumping from Android 10 to Android 11.As factory data reset will help iron out all unseen & seen bugs and will be a fresh start for you.
For factory data reset 👇
Settings >system >reset options >erase all data.
But please remember to backup all your important data before you factory data reset.
Thanks!

Benjamin_Bernha
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46558/flashlight-not-always-turning-on

Can you do SIMMI test & see if flashlight test pass/fails

Open calculator > press ".12345+=" > Single test > camera flashlight test > Now see if test pass/fails.

If it fails than most probably its hardware problem ifnot than please check how is behaviour of flashlight when you open camera app tap on flash options than you will see option torch like icon which you can use for continous flash light try to turn that on and see if flashlight still gets off after turning it on for sometime.

If behaves the same there as well than no other option than factory data reset this may be bug triggering after jumping from Android 10 to Android 11.As factory data reset will help iron out all unseen & seen bugs and will be a fresh start for you.

For factory data reset 👇

Settings >system >reset options >erase all data.

But please remember to backup all your important data before you factory data reset.

Thanks!

View post
Hey there. My phone passed the test, strange thing is I've recently factory restored my phone. Just after exiting the android 11 beta i went ahead and reset everything. This issue only started occuring after the reset strangely enough. 😜

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Benjamin Bernhardsson

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161198#Comment_161198

Hey there. My phone passed the test, strange thing is I've recently factory restored my phone. Just after exiting the android 11 beta i went ahead and reset everything. This issue only started occuring after the reset strangely enough. 😜

View post
Now than, you have to wait for Next FOTA to arrive and see if that fixes the issue for you ifnot than moderators will ask logs from you to check why your device behaves in that manner you just have to share log file to them as they will instruct you some steps.
Thanks!