This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback/Suggestions regarding the Google Pay app & query regarding DTS audio.

Vru26
Star III
1. Google Pay
This is a pre-installed app but being an Indian user this app seems to be useless because the Google Play Store listing of this app says "App no longer compatible with your device." Please refer the attached screenshot of the same. So I was wondering if this can be removed in the future updates or uninstall option can be provided.
s96l5ozv86ys.jpg
2. DTS audio
The third party music player apps provide an option to switch to Hi-res audio output. When the option is enabled via third party app, the DTS audio setting shows that its not compatible with Hi-res output (attaching a screenshot of the same). So does that mean the device's by default  output is not Hi-res? If yes then why isn't a switch provided anywhere to switch to Hi-res? Many users use the default Google Music app so how can they use this Hi-res audio feature if there's no native way to switch it on? This needs to be addressed in the up coming updates.
wa89rpdw0x43.jpg
13 REPLIES 13

Nanni
Star III
Actually the Indian version of the app is different from the preloaded one.
Preloaded Google pay app is used for transactions in Google Play and wherever it is supported. Think of it as Paytm as in India. Not the same but just to make you understand.
The Indian version which was initially called tez is a UPI system app which is only supported in India and nowhere else I suppose. But Google renamed it to Google pay that's why this confusion is there. Both are different apps and used for different purposes but the naming is same.
I hope this clears your issue.

Nanni
Star III
Find supported payment methods for in-store & contactless purchases - Google Pay HelpThis is the list of countries which support the preloaded version of the Google pay app and India is not supported because India has its own Google pay app used for UPI transactions.

cobben
Rising Star I
What I miss in the sound in the Z6 is Dolby Atmos, Surround, which I have in my Razer Phone.
It works really well for such a small device, giving the spatial illusion of sounds being way off to the left and right.
Any chance of getting Dolby Atmos?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
cobben

What I miss in the sound in the Z6 is Dolby Atmos, Surround, which I have in my Razer Phone.

It works really well for such a small device, giving the spatial illusion of sounds being way off to the left and right.

Any chance of getting Dolby Atmos?

View post
Your Razer phone sounds good because of the dual front facing speaker. Dolby Atmos helps but it's not because of Dolby that it sounds good. There are dual front facing speaker on our ROG Phone II and it sounds even better than Razer Phone. Is it because it uses DTS X Ultra just like ZenFone 6 does. Maybe.. but as you understand, the point I'm trying to make is that speaker size and direction comes first. Software optimization second. Both DTS and Dolby are equally good at optimizing the sound in a smartphone and you already have DTS.