This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback: Phone and Contacts app should be replaced with Google versions

Jeb
Rising Star II
The ASUS dialer and contacts apps really should be replaced with the Google Contacts and Phone apps, both in order to provide congruency with the rest of the Android platform but also to help take a developmental burden off of ASUS. In addition, Google's Phone and Contacts apps update within the Google Play Store automatically with feature updates and security patches.

In the end, this will provide users with the best-quality experience.
6 REPLIES 6

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Thanks for your feedback. There's nothing stopping you from downloading Google Phone, enabling it as your default phone and contacts app, and then hide ASUS dialer.

Monark
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

Thanks for your feedback. There's nothing stopping you from downloading Google Phone, enabling it as your default phone and contacts app, and then hide ASUS dialer.

View post
But still a great idea to remove the native calling apps and making google the default ones with the android 11 update it would be nice to have instead of downloading and disabling😅 and also as he said it will get internally updated when downloading security patches instead of just an app from playstore.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Jeb

The ASUS dialer and contacts apps really should be replaced with the Google Contacts and Phone apps, both in order to provide congruency with the rest of the Android platform but also to help take a developmental burden off of ASUS. In addition, Google's Phone and Contacts apps update within the Google Play Store automatically with feature updates and security patches.

In the end, this will provide users with the best-quality experience.

Feedback: Phone and Contacts app should be replaced with Google versions
I don't agree with you here 🙂
OEM dialer should be the default ones and Google's option an "alternative" that you can switch to if you want to for example you can sideload google phone and dialer from playstore at will and use them on Asus phones I think this is the way it should be
Plus Asus already has switched mostly to Google's default apps for android such as the messages app is the default by Google like some other apps

akki_akshay42
Star II
I too disagree.
I need automatic call recording and asus dialer gives that option, I am not sure if Google dialer will allow it