This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature Request] Whitelist apps in the PowerManager

Lambaste
Rising Star I
I use PowerAMP to play music on my phone, and the "Detect apps that drain the battery" feature of the PowerManager always ends up showing a notification for the app every time the screen is off and there's music playing in the background.
I'd like to request a way to white list certain apps from being tracked by the PowerManager.
8 REPLIES 8

ximikas
Star II
Another example of such app is Accubattery, which needs to be whitelisted ,or excluded from detection ,or ignored silently .

_jis_
Zen Master III
I disabled "Detect apps that drain the battery" feature of the PowerManager, because it is redundant.
Similar feature is already built-in Pie by Google and it works flawlessly.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III

_jis_

I disabled "Detect apps that drain the battery" feature of the PowerManager, because it is redundant.

Similar feature is already built-in Pie by Google and it works flawlessly.

View post
which Pie feature are you referring to? If you mean the "Adaptive Battery" feature, then this is not the same as the "Detect battery-draining apps" feature. You can read more about Adaptive Battery here https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/28/how-android-pies-adaptive-battery-and-adaptive-brightness-work/
The main difference is that adaptive battery is automatic. Based on learning and therefore it will not prompt the user with a choice to kill the app. You have to wait for Adaptive Battery to make that decision for you. If the user don't like to be prompted, then they can turn this feature off.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
And as a reply to Lambaste about PowerAMP. Maybe you're not using the app anymore and want to turn it off to save battery? If not, then simply ignore the notification. We can't white list apps because you might think that PowerAMP should be white listed but someone else might think that it's good that they got this notification so they can kill the app.