Did you mean: 

Facing Audio issues like the prior bluetooth issue

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6z
Firmware Version WW_17.1810.2009.17
Rooted or not: no
NoFrequency of Occurrence: consistent
consistentAPP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
I am facing audio issues with my Zenfone 6z, the audio issues are similar to what we faced earlier with Bluetooth issues
The speakers and earpiece have not output. I cannot select loudspeaker during call as it is greyed out.

I tried resetting my wifi & mobile data settings, I made sure bluetooth is off, I made sure NFC is off, etc still the same. I have also tried restarting it a couple times and no luck.

The videos do not play as the playback gets stuck. Opening audio wizard app gives error current audio device is not compatible, I don't have any device connected.

The only thing that can shed light on this is the icon (which I think) is different for the call accept in the notifications. Does anyone have any idea what this icon mean?

Also any steps that can help me? Why is asus 6z so Buggy with audio issues 😞

4 REPLIES 4

_jis_
Zen Master III
Please, correct your firmware version.

Hey, thank you for the response.

_jis_

Please, correct your firmware version.

View post
I'm uploading the ss for the same
Thanks

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue
factory reset your phone after taking a full backup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
4. Last option would be to visit the service center to have
a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

Hi, so revamping this chain once again, as I have found a solution for this but I also think that its potentially a bug.
The only solution that worked was -> Downgrading to Android P from Android Q. It seems like Asus is yet to figure out its way around Android 10, even after so many bugs and updates, niche bugs like this affecting the whole functionality of the phone still occur.
The issue is persistent on Android 10, as after downgrading to Android 9 I tried FOTA upgrade back to 10 (went in order of WWPhone-17.1810.2001.121 -> WW_Phone-17.1810.2002.137 -> WW_Phone-17.1810.2007.165 -> WW_Phone-17.1810.2009.176) and the issue was consistent on every version on Android 10 6z has to offer, which is pretty interesting given that I have started facing this issue only a few days ago (maybe 7-8 days ago) and have spent many number of days on every android 10 versions without the issue as i kept my 6z to latest updates upon every release.
Issue Description: I think I wasn't clear about the issue before and have gathered a few more details on the issue, here it goes.
The phone's speaker and mic do not work.
-> Whilst surfing on Facebook and Instagram the videos stream only if they are muted, upon unmuting the video blacks out and buffering symbol comes. Netflix does not load videos, Same with YouTube (endless buffer, before you say it, phone was connected to a good internet).
-> Upon opening Audio Wizard, it shows "Audio Wizard does not support the current device" and closes down.
-> Incoming call in notification area has a different icon on the accept button (that I now think, comes for accepting the call on hands-free)
-> Calls cannot be transferred to speaker as its greyed out, recording does not work (the button is not greyed out, upon pressing record, it shows, "An error occurs, cannot record")
-> 3rd party applications show that there is a handsfree call going on, which makes no sense whatsoever, this happens even in airplane mode, after a reset, when there are no sim in the phone, no WIFI and no wireless devices are connected.
Troubleshooting steps tried and failed to fix:
-> Factory reset.
-> Safe mode.
-> Did not try the wipe cache partition as suggested by @_jis_@victor2020 as it the option to do so has been removed since Android Nougat
Attached are the screenshots of a few scenarios above.
Troubleshooting steps that worked:
Downgrading to Android P from UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-18.1220.1909.194-1.1.1-user.zip downloaded from
image.png

Could someone please tell me if I can restrict y android version to P(9)? If yes, then how?
Also, I am tagging, a few users who are facing similar issues like me but their threads are either closed or are pending replies-
@kunalmandm @tashujainarpitjain @pkatkade29 your thread "Zenfone Max Pro M1 No Audio, Cant process Videos, Cant make or receive calls"(cannot post link due to forum rules) shows similar issues to mine, our devices are different though, could you check above and mention of you are able to fix it by downgrading to the last android supported by your phone and if the issue scenarios above are also faced by you.
@Akash Pratap your thread "Mic not working for calls, recording, video recording but for screen recording & Google assistant." shows similar issues to mine, our devices are different though, could you check above and mention of you are able to fix it by downgrading to the last android supported by your phone and if the issue scenarios above are also faced by you.
screenshot-20201011-041051336-1.jpg
image.png

(^3rd Party App)

screenshot-20201019-184520488.jpg
screenshot-20201020-231126915.jpg