This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need the original charger for fast charging?

Zennybob
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have a Zenbook 14 Oled and i bought it from best buy open box. It didnt come with a charger so they threw in a 45w charger to go with it.
Brought it home and it wasnt strong enough and gave me a yellow caution emote while charging saying fast charging not available.
The only 65w charger i could find at a reasonable price was an apple 67w. But it doesnt really seem like its charging all that fast as from 7% its going to take 3 hours to fully charge.
Do i need the original charger for fast charging or is it just a certain wattage to enable fast charging?
2 REPLIES 2

pavelvarga24
Star III
You are on a Zenfone 6 smartphone forum

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, Zennyboband thank you for reaching out.

Also, sorry for the slow reply.

May I ask what is the full model name of your Zenbook 14 Oled?(for example, UX3402ZA or UM3402YA)

You can check the power supply requirements required by the model in the specs on the official website or in the user manual, and it is recommended that you use the original adapter for charging.

Please refer to [Notebook] The specification and suggested instruction of battery/adapter to check the details.

Thank you.