This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera motor broke, phone crashes when it automatically flips. Can I disable automatic flipping?

adamthuringer
Star I

Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: A couple of times an hour when phone is lying down, very often while using phone
-
The motor for the camera is not working, I can hear it try and fail to flip regularly. Phone crashes when the camera is obstructed and gives error messages when it's not obstructed. Flashlight and camera stopped working. Since the camera broke I also have to put the phone on speaker to be able to hear people I'm talking to.
I'm fine with all these issues but I think if I could make it stop trying to automatically flip the camera I could at least avoid the crashes and use it for everything other than as a camera and a flashlight.
It would be great if I could also stop the notifications for failed flippings but that's just for convenience.
I tried looking in the settings, in the developer settings, on these forums and on Google but I didn't find anything helpful at all. Please help!
1 REPLY 1

felipe_melo_tel
Star III
You can try uninstalling some apps that control the motor, no guarantee it will work.
See this: xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access
try with the apps with "motor" in their name. (annotate the apps you unninstalled so you can install them again if any problem appear)