This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call quality issue even after WW-16.1220.1906.167 update

paras0710
Rising Star II
Call quality audio from earpiece speaker is still bad at full volume even after  latest 22 July 2019 update version WW-16.1220.1906.167. call quality at 75% volume is OK but at full volume the audio distorts especially if the person you are talking to is standing somewhere there is background noise (like other people is talking in background or music is playing in background) that background noise becomes wavy/screechy/distorted and even make person voice inaudible.
28 REPLIES 28

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
CH_ASUS said:
I take it as your 6Z is bought in India? And you didnt receive the .189 FOTA but received the .191 FOTA today?
Yes, it is a 6Z (with a WW SKU) bought in India via Flipkart. I did not get the .189 FOTA but I downloaded it from Asus website and installed it manually. Today I received the .191 as FOTA update. Now I am confused. If .191 is only for Indian variants (IN), how did my phone with WW firmware receive the .191 FOTA today? Or is .191 also a WW update?
Your phones are bought from India, FOTA is based on IMEI and SN. As such you have not"turned" your India-model into a "WW-model" just by forcing in another WW-build - you should be getting FOTA following our indian schedules as normal seeing as .191 arrived correctly.

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
CH_ASUS said:
Your phones are bought from India, FOTA is based on IMEI and SN. As such you have not"turned" your India-model into a "WW-model" just by forcing in another WW-build - you should be getting FOTA following our indian schedules as normal seeing as .191 arrived correctly.
Now this is much more confusing. If the updates are based on the IMEI and SN, then why is there a separate WW and IN version? I understand that I cannot force an IN model into WW model just by flashing the WW firmware. But my phone always showed WW in the firmware version. So, I assumed that it came installed with WW firmware though it was sold in India as 6Z. If so, then I think .191 would have been released for both IN and WW variants. Since mine is a WW variant, it received the .191 FOTA.
Mods, could you please clarify the following?
1. Why Indian 6Z models are being sold with WW firmware?
2. If the Indian variants come installed with WW firmware, then I believe we can safely download WW firmware from Asus website and install manually.
3. Considering that there are 2 firmware versions (IN and WW) for 6Z sold in India, how will the FOTA updates be issued for both of them?
4. If the FOTA updates are based on SN and IMEI, then how does Asus know how to distinguish between IN and WW models sold in India as 6Z?

drrakeshsingh09
Star II
CH_ASUS said:
Yes,Call Quality is having issues.
Can you help check again after the .189 (WW) or .191 (IN) update? We have made further improvements and experienced  improvements.
I think problem is not in call speaker volume,problem is in it's position because when i listen it from back side of phone during call then it is much clear so plz increase more volume than other full screen phone

Tabazan
Star II
Received my 6 on Android 10 today (Switzerland). Awesome except ... yes,for call quality.
Outside, by ear, it sounds just like you have the speaker on ... get all the noises and the call is distorted. Well ... like you all it seem.
Great phone (even exceptionnal ... ?) but not sure I can live long with a phone with such bad call quality (coming from HTC U11+ and OnePlus 7t ... ) including Whatsapp calls etc...
Asus, you have a winner here but (just like HTC U12+ and the haptic button failure) don't take that issue too lightly. Thanks for what you will do for it, quick ☝️?