cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio wizard Issues

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Hi there. 
So I don't know If this issue just popped up with the 174 FW or has been around before since I hadn't tested headphones before. But audio wizard doesn't seem to be working at all with headphones. No other audio presets work except for normal. When I click on any other, the audio stops and doesn't come back until I take the headphones out and completely close all music playing apps and audio wizard. 
I'll try other headphones and update this topic. 

Also, another concern about audio wizard is that it's very inconvenient to get out of all apps to go to audio wizard.  Could we get a smart key option to toggle between audio presets? Thankyou 
37 REPLIES 37

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
lovin2501

+ One more thing....you recorded it via inbuilt screen recorder....in mine when I try to do same for even other music streaming app the Audio wizard gets stop working while screen recorder is active. So now 2 issues : a) audio wizard doesn't work for Amazon music . (B) audio wizard stops working for other streaming app also while screen recorder is on/running...... Attaching ref video for issue (b)...audiowizard stops with other music apps too when screenrecorder is running

A: I just updated to latest Amazon Music version on my ZF6 and then Audio Wizard stopped working. Killing both apps didn't fix the issue. But when i restarted my phone, then Audio Wizard started working again. It could be as easy as that you just need to restart your phone
B: Audio Wizard stops because you have set your screen recorder to internal audio. Change it to microphone and it will work

A. Even restarting doesn't works. Audio wizard do not works with amazon music in any senario for me.
B. It works with internal audio while screen recorder is s active for other person ( he recorded in stereo) while screen recorder is running ...stereo recording is not possible with microphone enabled....& There's lot of difference when recorded internal audio vs recorded on external mic. 
There's some catch ...audio wizard doesn't gets disable with internal audio n screen recorder on 8 gb version while it gets disable on 6 GB version with same senario....needs to be addressed.
View post
Hi

Sorry for the late answer.
So far from our logging and debugging, our devs see one phenomenon connected to the Amazon app.
It seems Amazon Music app will choose between two "ways" of playback - "LowLatency" or "DeepBuffer". DTS audio effects (AudioWizard) does not support the LowLatency playback mode.

What we do not know is when/why/how the app will choose between these two modes.. it can be connected to the song itself but so far it also isnt conclusive of that.

At this point we have a hard time moving further on this topic as it would be dependent on Amazon Music app as well. We will keep monitoring however.

Also
Screen Recorder has been confirmed to record "Internal Audio" before AudioWizard, as such the effects are not supposed to be recorded.

lovin2501
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/15321#Comment_15321

Hi

Sorry for the late answer.

So far from our logging and debugging, our devs see one phenomenon connected to the Amazon app.

It seems Amazon Music app will choose between two "ways" of playback - "LowLatency" or "DeepBuffer". DTS audio effects (AudioWizard) does not support the LowLatency playback mode.

What we do not know is when/why/how the app will choose between these two modes.. it can be connected to the song itself but so far it also isnt conclusive of that.

At this point we have a hard time moving further on this topic as it would be dependent on Amazon Music app as well. We will keep monitoring however.

Also

Screen Recorder has been confirmed to record "Internal Audio" before AudioWizard, as such the effects are not supposed to be recorded.

View post
Just to remind & highlight once again , both of these issues of Audiowizard don't occurs in 8GbRAM version of Asus 6z. As I already shared video before.. the audio wizard remains active with screen recorder ON in 8gb version.
Why is this happening on 6gb version?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Your observation is just a coincidence. The only differences between those models are memory and storage

lovin2501
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Your observation is just a coincidence. The only differences between those models are memory and storage

View post
Coincidence ? How come, it's practical have had shared video for same. It works on 8GB version fairly well while not in 6gb.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
lovin2501

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/19843#Comment_19843

Coincidence ? How come, it's practical have had shared video for same. It works on 8GB version fairly well while not in 6gb.

View post
We can do more testing on the screen recorder function and with 8GB models.
However the design is so that it not supposed to work. So the bug would be if it is working , and not if it isn't.