This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 6z battery issue, shutting down abruptly and not switching on.

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 6 (6z) (Serial Number: K5AIGF003654N59)
  2. Firmware Version: WW-18.0610.2106.156
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everyday 
  5. APP Name & APP Version (if your issue relates to the app): I have already factory reset the phone, but still the issue persists. So na

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshots, etc.
    ===============================================================================
    I had already dealt with issues concerning the motherboard and frequent switching off of this device in the past, which were mostly bugs and software glitches due to the firmware updates, and had to let my phone stay at the service station for months together, even though I had just gotten it a couple weeks ago at the time (2019). The first time, it was under warranty, so the motherboard was replaced only after long holds on calls with the center and 3 months of patience, but the issue got back because of the 2020 update, which did a number on many users as well, but the service centers weren't acknowledging the issue well, because of which we had requested a replacement because of the issue had escalated the same, but with no luck, we were compelled to pay for the charges even though it was an issue from their side . 

Why did i mention all this? It's because I've never had such a bad experience in terms of services, customer care, and support. It was annoying, and i hope, after all these years of turmoil, if they could provide support and solve the issue, Now let me provide the details of my current issue;

I have been using it for over 4 years, if you cut out 6 months in the service centers. Now, as of late, it has been acting strange, the battery backup is absolutely daunting, where the battery drains wayy faster even after maintaining solid charging habits, and it switches off out of the blue, even when the battery is 20-40% and needs to be plugged back, to charge all the way from 0%. This has been going on for over a month and a half, I've even reported this problem to customer care and support, who gave me the address of few service centers operating in my locality and vicinity, but these centers have stopped providing services to phones and even outsourcing them, only taking laptops and PCs. I have tried factory resetting my device as well, but the issue here is with the battery. Today it shut down completely, and wont respond after plugging it to charge either. I tried holding volume down + power button for 10's multiple times, but all in vain. 

I request the ASUS official team, to kindly look into the matter and get back with some solution or battery replacement (Ik for which I should be paying, as the warranty has expired), let me know if the original battery will be made available,  because many users are in desperate need of a replacement. We cannot just keep it aside, just knowing it could be salvaged and recovered.

Thank you,
    Dhanraj, Mysore.
0 REPLIES 0