ikkigooners
Star II
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_16.0615.1908.109
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Camera

Last edited by ikkigooners on 2019/9/5 18:21 LOOK AT MY LAST POST, IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED SINCE THIS WAS POSTED.
Hi, ever since the new update, my camera took a blurry photo if the object is more than 1 meter (and infinity), the focus is fine with object less than 1 meter (up to around 10 cm). The firmware is WW.Phone-16.0615.1905.102-0 and my Camera app version is 4.2.11.4_19064.
  • I already tried to reset my phone twice, but it still takes a blurry photo.
  • Tried formatting cache partition, still blurry.
  • Resetting the camera app, still blurry.
  • Tried changing saving location from MicroSD to internal is still blurry
  • The bug is only in main camera, the ultra-wide is not affected.
  • Pro mode's manual focus is also take blurry photo even with the slider is cranked to infinite.
Here's the example in 10 cm distance (good focus): Here's when taking photo with 1+ meter (blurry): 100% crop, so blurry. Waiting for firmware fix ASAP.Can't afford to bring the phone to service center as the nearest service center is located at 5 hours driving (200+ km, shitty road) from my location. Thanks.
30 REPLIES 30

ikkigooners
Star II
Ladies and gentleman, please welcome another GREAT update: WW_16.0615.1908.109. Take a first look at Asus' finest firmware to date.... Look at all that amazing detail, mesmerizing... Now that's what I call an AI Camera! WAY TO GO ASUS!

ikkigooners
Star II
Decided to went to service center for the second time and asking them to just replace the camera module - last time I went there, they just downgrade the firmware. Well, the problem is fixed now.

kaushik2entr
Star I
@ikkigooners Dude.. Now I am also facing the same problem with Zenfone 5Z.. What was the final solution to sort out? And how much it costed to replace the camera module in 5Z? Please reply dude. Thanks!

i am facing the same problem now i am not able to focus more than a distance of 1 metres what should i do for this corona virus i can't even take the phone ro the service center guys please tell me a solution

ikkigooners
Decided to went to service center for the second time and asking them to just replace the camera module - last time I went there, they just downgrade the firmware. Well, the problem is fixed now.
View post
how can i downgrade the firmware? is it possible to do it without taking to the service center?