This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

JACKSPARROW
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154174#Comment_154174

Battery health totally depends on personal user usage patterns and battery's lifecycle if you are noticing battery drain alot with Android 10 than its not software to blame on but its a battery aging problem.

I can confirm you that because 2 days ago i have replaced my battery and now i am getting almost a 7 hrs to 6.30 hr SOT with latest Android 10 version i. E. . 110 you must see this 👇

screenshot-20210223-034424427.jpg

I think if you are really not very satisfied with your backup even after factory reset than time has come to get your battery replaced for better SOT here there is nothing wrong with software to blame on.

Thanks!

View post
Before Replace Your Battery How Much SOT You Got ? , Before And After How Much Time To Take Full Charge And After Reached 100% Charger Immediately 2% Drop This Also Refer Before And After Battery Replace .. Share Your Details Bro @AmitGarde .. I Got Only 2.5H SOT...

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
JACKSPARROW

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154180#Comment_154180

Before Replace Your Battery How Much SOT You Got ? , Before And After How Much Time To Take Full Charge And After Reached 100% Charger Immediately 2% Drop This Also Refer Before And After Battery Replace .. Share Your Details Bro @AmitGarde .. I Got Only 2.5H SOT...

View post
I always use to get 4hr-4.30hrs SOT and now after new battery replacement i am getting 6.30hrs-7hrs SOT (for very normal use)
yes 2% drop as soon as removed from charge was seen by me with my old battery (this is beacuse of battery aging) and now after replacement i dont see such 2% drop everything is good for me.
Before with old battery my phone use to charge in 45 min 100% but after new battery replacement charging time is increased it takes almost 2 hrs nearly and this is understoond because of good battery health.
Let me tell you without factory reset there was a time i use to see same less like 2.5hrs SOT on. 99 version than i gave a try with factory reset and guess what my SOT changed from 2hrs to 4.30hrs sometime even it got 5hrs 30 min as well depending upon my usage.
I hope this will help you @JACKSPARROW
Thanks!

hkorkut
Rising Star II
amitgarde you mislead people.
Because even if the green led lights up, the battery is not fully charged. It takes around 2 hours to fully charge the battery. These have been mentioned before here. About 2 months old on my battery. But I cannot see the 6 or 7 hour periods you say. I should also say that. I do not have any programs installed on my device, except for the programs available to everyone, such as WhatsApp Facebook. And I am not playing games on my device. I just do my normal daily work. Therefore, I am one of many users who think that the last few updates have increased battery consumption.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

Because even if the green led lights up, the battery is not fully charged. It takes around 2 hours to fully charge the battery. These have been mentioned before here. About 2 months old on my battery. But I cannot see the 6 or 7 hour periods you say. I should also say that. I do not have any programs installed on my device, except for the programs available to everyone, such as WhatsApp Facebook. And I am not playing games on my device. I just do my normal daily work. Therefore, I am one of many users who think that the last few updates have increased battery consumption.

View post
I have shared my SOT here👇 this clearly shows 6hrs 43 min SOT than what is misleading here?
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154174#Comment_154174

Battery health totally depends on personal user usage patterns and battery's lifecycle if you are noticing battery drain alot with Android 10 than its not software to blame on but its a battery aging problem.

I can confirm you that because 2 days ago i have replaced my battery and now i am getting almost a 7 hrs to 6.30 hr SOT with latest Android 10 version i. E. . 110 you must see this 👇

screenshot-20210223-034424427.jpg

I think if you are really not very satisfied with your backup even after factory reset than time has come to get your battery replaced for better SOT here there is nothing wrong with software to blame on.

Thanks!

View post
And yes i was sort of wrong with full battery charge time i guess and i will recorrect it after analysing i have just charged my phone from 0-100% only once since i changed my battery.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

View post
I think you should take your device to nearest service centre if you are not satisfied by your backup. For checking up with battery health or device examinations.