This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary camera not working, takes blur images.

sanjeevkr9785
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus Zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version:.70
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
==============================

Primary camera on zenfone 5z is not working after last security update of March 2020. It takes blur images. Focus is not working. Already tried in safe mode still not working. Hardware is fine. Reset the camera settings. Tried tapping around camera nothing helps. Asus fix this issue. I can see many are facing same issue .

22 REPLIES 22

darkknight
Rising Star I
Same issue here. Camera is not focusing on far objects. No hardware damage. It stopped focusing suddenly. Almost tried everything. Su*ks.

snizams
Star III
Hi,
I logged a complaint in ASUS website and after few mail transaction, I got a call yesterday from the local service center. An ASUS representative was also on the call. On discussing, he adviced me to give the phone to the service ceter and I went there yesterday around 3 PM. I was able to enter their service center by around 4PM. This is a 3rd party service center for ASUS and Realme. They did a software update,but the issue was not resolved. They charged me Rs.250 (INR) and told me that the camera module has to be replaced which will cost around Rs.5000. I told them that the issue started after the previous software update, but they are not in a mood to listen. I lost almost half a day. I dont think it is worth spending on this phone now.

snizams
Star III
After the above incident, I got another call from the service center with the asus representative on conference. He assured me that he will ensure that the issue is resolved and asked me to visit the service center once again. Due to the prevailing situation, I asked him, if that can be avoided. Later I was asked to share the Invoice of this phone purchase, which i mailed to them. Few days later they informed me that they have ordered for the parts. Later I got a mail asking me to visit the service center to replace the camera module. Since the location was locked down due to covid, I was able to visit them only on 1st of this month and they replaced the module free of cost. Thanks Asus...
So I feel, this is the way to go. Nothing is going to happen if we post in this forum (no offence meant)