Tian
Star III
APP Name: Discord
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: countless
Firmware/APP Version: WW 1907_105
RAM: 4G
Model: ZE620KL

I think the problem here is the microphone just focusing on a specific app. Samsung Note 5 can do multiple app using the microphone. I think this can be fix by an ota update. i hope this is can be fixed coz we're always using discord to communicate with teammates.
7 REPLIES 7

khanqashif61
Star I
My mic is not working on pubg...neither i nor my teamates could hear each other

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Tian
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Does the issue appear after any system update? Could this function works in any firmware version before, which version?
2. Does the issue only appear in Discord? Could you communicate during gaming via other apps?
3. Does the issue only appear in PUBG?

Hi khanqashif61
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?
2. Does the issue appear after any system/apps' download or update?
3. Which communication app are you using? Does the situation appear in other app?
4. If you are using the earphones and having the mic issue, could your earphones be used with other phone?
5. Please try SMMI test : Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>BoardMic Test/BoeardMic2 Test/Headset Mic Test
If any of the SMMI test fail, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

Ahmdbnh
Star I
Dears,
I noticed the same issue when the Android 10 update came. To fix the issue I just downgraded to Android 9.

both pubg and discord mic working smoothly on ASUS ROG PHONE 2.
maybe this help you out to fix this.