Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus zenfone 5z 6gb
Firmware Version: don't know but has March security update
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: regularly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app
========================================
The main problem is with battery ,with the latest update battery drain out very quickly in normal use
Sometimes fast charging doesn't work sometimes it doesn't recognise the charger heating issue is also very common
43 REPLIES 43

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
ramneek2110

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86314#Comment_86314

No the port is working fine. As i said, it charging only when pinching on the sim tray area. So they assume its the problem with the cable that attaches the motherboard with the charging port PCB?

View post
means its hardware problem. Try charging with a different cable first then come to conclusions please.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ramneek2110

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86314#Comment_86314

No the port is working fine. As i said, it charging only when pinching on the sim tray area. So they assume its the problem with the cable that attaches the motherboard with the charging port PCB?

View post
No, they mean that there's an issue with the port in your phone and your trick with pinching the phone around the SIM tray area confirms this. If your phone stops charging one day, then maybe you can find a skilled phone repair shop that can open the phone for you and resolder the connection that is giving you trouble.

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86090#Comment_86090

The reply I got back from our R&D about your log is that it had some hardware issue. Bad connection. They asked if you maybe have a dirty port. But it's not software.

About lower SOT in A10. Could be that the reported SOT is lower in A10 but that doesn't mean that it actually is lower funny enough. My personal opinion about Android is that Google has A LOT to improve when it comes to the battery stats. It's so bad that it's barely helpful in determine where the battery went.

I've had several days when the battery stats have reported less SOT than the actual time spent using apps when comparing with the Google Digital Wellbeing app. Digital wellbeing reports daily active use of apps and it can show that I used a video app for more than 40 min without that app show up in the battery stats. It sometimes feels like a lottery if an app will be recognized by the battery stats or not. I think everyone can recognize that you've sometime looked at your battery stats and wondered, where did that battery go? You battery can say 40% left while battery stats can only account for 32% of use. So where did those 28% go?

This is an issue shared by all manufacturers and it's the root cause of many, many, many threads in multiple forums. Maybe one day Google will rewrite this part of Android (probably difficult and a lot of work since they haven't already) so we can look at our battery stats and know where it all went. Maybe even easily spot battery draining apps 🙂

My purpose with this post is that you should not trust battery stats. Only if you notice a big difference in remaining battery life by the end of they day should you investigate why.

View post
Hi, not talking about battery stats but here's a few things I have observed:
1) Staying on 4g networks depletes a lot of battery, network bars show full network. But in 5z network bars show full signal even at -108dbm so its not very accurate, tried resetting, battery drains very fast compared to pie nonetheless.
2) Tried putting network on 2g and using wifi, the standby drain is lower than 4g but still pretty high compared to pie.
3) Mobile hotspot feature is almost useless as staying on 4g and giving a hotspot degrades 10% of battery every 10-12 minutes so by the end of 1 hour, phone is almost dying. Never observed this in pie or with any other device of similar battery capacity.
4) I do no gaming at all so no idea. But device heats up a lot during charging, giving wifi hotspot, watching youtube or netflix and after .70 heating has increased. Post .87 the problem remains. Battery life improved marginally post .70

Thanks!

ramneek2110
Rising Star I
aamod.v8

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86326#Comment_86326

means its hardware problem. Try charging with a different cable first then come to conclusions please.

View post
You seriously think i am that dumb that didn't check with other cables. Tries with both other 2 cables in the house. They work on other phones.

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
ramneek2110

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86337#Comment_86337

You seriously think i am that dumb that didn't check with other cables. Tries with both other 2 cables in the house. They work on other phones.

View post
Did i ever say that? Just asked if you checked the same. no need to be so much offended. Since i am not facing the issue i just raised a query.