This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 10 unlock bootloader does not work!

BeFa
Star I

Hi,

I received my Zenfone 10 today and tried to unlock the bootloader with the Asus unlock app 1.0.0.7. The app failed with error code 24803. Is there a newer/working version of the app or are there other ways to unlock the bootloader?

I'am really disappointed that this does not work because the ability to unlock the bootloader and root the device was the main reason I bought the Asus instead of other high-end smartphones like the Samsung S23 or the Xiaomi 13.

24 REPLIES 24

cyberzen
Star II

I contacted customer support about this and here is the information I received:

"We value your needs and understand your expectations for the phone unlock tool. Therefore, we are positively redeveloping and optimizing it to ensure that the new version meets your requirements. We anticipate completing the development in the third quarter of 2023 and may be published on September or October." --Ricardo1 M.

So I am hopeful. It seems that we did not lose the ability to unlock the bootloader yet. I will wait until the tool becomes available before making my purchase. I hope this information is helpful to all the prospective buyers.

lclclc777
Star III

seems they are also redesigning third quarter to October lol

donlavonatkins
Star II

It's September and still no update on the bootloader. The 3rd quarter is almost over. We should of heard something about the bootloader by now.

spatterlight
Star I

dealbreaker feature for me, would purchase this phone if it was available !

Feroxx
Star I

Please give Developers and Users who need it the option to unlock their phone