This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Augmented Reality (AR) for Zenfone 10?

Qed225
Star II

Hi. I pre-ordered the Asus Zenfone 10 and got it a month ago when it was released in Sweden. My favorite game is Pokemon GO, but unfortunately AR (Augmented Reality) does not work so I can not do all parts of the game. Noticed something about the device not being supported by ARCore and trying to download the app "Google Play Services for AR" says it is not compatible with my phone. Is AR really not supposed to work on such a high performance (and expensive) smartphone? Or is something wrong with my phone? It works on so many phones, but not Zenfone 10.

9 REPLIES 9

Zinoo
Star II

Same question Here. Zenfone 6 to Zenfone 9 support AR core, why  Zenfone 10 doesn't support it?

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Qed225 and @Zinoo,
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into it and will get back to you with some more information.

Zinoo
Star II

@Qed225 

I created a ticket in the ASUS Traditional Chinese forum. Here‘s the reply from Community Manager Laura_ASUS 

We are actively contacting Google for support to enable the AR function, please wait and refer to the ARCore website to confirm the support status.

https://developers.google.com/ar/devices 

Zinoo
Star II

The latest reply from Community Manager Laura_ASUS

Currently, the Google AR function has entered the final review stage and is expected to be certified in 1 to 2 weeks. Thank you.

I will remain patient and wait.