This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google pay issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I have a Zenfone 10 on android 14 and my gpay /google pay stopped working. it was working whilst on a14 but suddenly had issues with security, saying the device not certified or rooted. however, my device was never rooted and not on custom ROM. I have asked google for help but no luck. anyone have any suggestions ? tried to reinstall gpay , wallet , and I can't add my cards back to gpay now

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey Kaboom - did you try to do a factory reset actually? i didn't try cause setting up a phone takes a long time and ive read that some ppl did and the cts profile still fails. what did you mean when you mentioned delete photos to help with play integrity? was that a suggestion from Asus/Google?

Well that is basically what Asus is asking when they tell me to factory reset my phone ... because GooglePay (Wallet) was one of the first things I tried right after my phone freshly installed everything after a ROM update to Android 14.

Anyway... Anyone WITH working NFC payments in GooglePay?? (AI2302 / fw: WW_34.1004.0204.88)

Kaboom
Star III

Asus support is now assuming my issue is a result of me updating the phone software directly from the website by downloading the firmware file "WW-34.1004.0204.88, for WW/EU (excluding JP) SKU" ... My brand new out of the box phone came with a WW firmware version, but it was bought in Japan. They assume this is the reason why it now fails "Play Integrity" and "SafetyNet" and for that I cannot use NFC payments.

Asus support now cannot provide me with a working ROM. Japanese support website has no ROMs ... that is why their outsourced support cannot help me. There is simply no connection between Asus and Asus Support. No solutions... Official Asus Support literally sent me back to the shop from where I bought my phone, to get support from there. To get support from a 60 year old phone salesman in a kiosk store.

...if they cannot provide software for their own device in a month or two I will be getting rid of Asus and never look back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Kaboom - you and I both have the same situation exactly. My unit was also a Japan unit and I did upgrade the software from downloading from the website, since it stated like you mentioned, that our software had WW and i was able to successfully upgrade. The fact that Asus said this is the problem but no solution is ridiculous. at least provide an option to update the software or downgrade. Sorry about your trouble, for now I am using google pay via a smart watch as an alternative. Hopefully a new update comes via OTA and then it solves this issue, ie. perhaps next update or A15.

Kaboom
Star III

Downgrading would now be impossible, because for that you need to unlock your bootloader.
Asus probably disabled downgrading for the same reason - so people cannot downgrade to an older FW in which a workaround to unlocking your bootloader would be found. (downgrading between android version can also cause partition issues).

Anyway. While in Japan (with my previous phone) I bumped into some NFC limitations - it turns out, some NFC payment options (like IC transport apps) can only be activated on phones bought in Japan. Probably some security requirement by the country and the reason why now Asus is not greenlighting Japan bought phones with non Japanese FW for the "Play Integrity" ... Our phone models are just sitting in the wrong excel sheet at Asus. Way too hard to add the latest WW- firmware for our devices when they register them to "Play Integrity" 🙄

At least this forum has nice emojis 💩