Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX461UN
Frequency of occurrence: 100% of the time
Reset OS: Windows 11
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

Hello,
I have had this UX461UN laptop for about 4 years now, and it has caused me nothing but pain. A whole slew of problems came up after a few months of getting it. I deeply regret purchasing this device. Back when this paperweight was still under warrantee, I did send it in for repair, but most of my issues were not even acknowledged as problems. I was able to address a fair amount of the problems myself, but one of the two major problems remaining is the issue of this laptop not being able to wake up. The other pain point is the palm rejection, but that's a story for another time.
If this laptop is asleep or the display is turned off, it will not wake up. It does not respond to any keyboard command (including ctrl alt del) or click. I have to hard restart it every time. I've tried this with and without connected devices, and with and without the power supply plugged in. Waiting for it to wake up also doesn't help either. Based on my research, this is a common issue for UX laptops.
I've searched and tried every proposed solution that I was able to find online and nothing really fixed the problem. For example, I've changed the sleep mode level, disabled fast startup, tried various versions of the intel UHD 620 driver (including 30.0.101.1191 that Asus does not directly provide access to), updated IMEI drivers, bios, etc. I also tried disabling sleep and/or hibernate but the issue will persist whenever the screen turns off. I made changes in device manager to never conserve power and allow devices to wake the computer when given the option. The power troubleshooter tool was also fruitless. I've already re-installed the OS multiple times and even upgraded to Windows 11. Nothing has fix this problem.
The only breakthrough discovery I was able to make was that disabling the Intel UHD620 driver will allow me to wake up my computer normally. However, doing so disables the HDMI port, which I absolutely do need. This laptop also has a MX150 card, so the main display will still run, but HDMI port isn't connected directly to it. I tried disabling the MX150 card and keeping the integrated graphics card driver enabled - the sleep problem will still persist. I now know for certain that the problem is related to the integrated graphic on this poor excuse for a computer.
The other workaround is to never allow my computer to turn off the screen and never sleep and never close the lid on this unreliable laptop. Although, that defeats the purpose of having a laptop in the first place.
Saying that I'm extremely frustrated would be an understatement. However, I do feel as if I am very close to the solution. Please advise. Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

okna2003
Star III
Kelv
  1. System: UX461UN Intel i7-8550U 16GB 512GB SSD
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX461UN
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 100% of the time
  5. Reset OS: Windows 11
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello,

I have had this UX461UN laptop for about 4 years now, and it has caused me nothing but pain. A whole slew of problems came up after a few months of getting it. I deeply regret purchasing this device. Back when this paperweight was still under warrantee, I did send it in for repair, but most of my issues were not even acknowledged as problems. I was able to address a fair amount of the problems myself, but one of the two major problems remaining is the issue of this laptop not being able to wake up. The other pain point is the palm rejection, but that's a story for another time.

If this laptop is asleep or the display is turned off, it will not wake up. It does not respond to any keyboard command (including ctrl alt del) or click. I have to hard restart it every time. I've tried this with and without connected devices, and with and without the power supply plugged in. Waiting for it to wake up also doesn't help either. Based on my research, this is a common issue for UX laptops.

I've searched and tried every proposed solution that I was able to find online and nothing really fixed the problem. For example, I've changed the sleep mode level, disabled fast startup, tried various versions of the intel UHD 620 driver (including 30.0.101.1191 that Asus does not directly provide access to), updated IMEI drivers, bios, etc. I also tried disabling sleep and/or hibernate but the issue will persist whenever the screen turns off. I made changes in device manager to never conserve power and allow devices to wake the computer when given the option. The power troubleshooter tool was also fruitless. I've already re-installed the OS multiple times and even upgraded to Windows 11. Nothing has fix this problem.

The only breakthrough discovery I was able to make was that disabling the Intel UHD620 driver will allow me to wake up my computer normally. However, doing so disables the HDMI port, which I absolutely do need. This laptop also has a MX150 card, so the main display will still run, but HDMI port isn't connected directly to it. I tried disabling the MX150 card and keeping the integrated graphics card driver enabled - the sleep problem will still persist. I now know for certain that the problem is related to the integrated graphic on this poor excuse for a computer.

The other workaround is to never allow my computer to turn off the screen and never sleep and never close the lid on this unreliable laptop. Although, that defeats the purpose of having a laptop in the first place.

Saying that I'm extremely frustrated would be an understatement. However, I do feel as if I am very close to the solution. Please advise. Thank you.

UX461UN will not wake up when asleep
UX330UAR. I have the same problem. Asus can offer a solution?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Kelv
  1. System: UX461UN Intel i7-8550U 16GB 512GB SSD
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX461UN
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 100% of the time
  5. Reset OS: Windows 11
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello,

UX461UN will not wake up when asleep
If possible, will you install intel graphics driver 30.0.101.1934 beta version, get it from intel website

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.