This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying direct from Asus in Canada

dkbayne1948
Star I
I would like to buy the Zenbook UX5400ZB direct from Asus but I would like 1TB SSD. Specs say up to 1 TB but this model is only512 GB. Anyone found a way to do that as talking to Sales or Tech at Asus is so far a waste of time. Just get the usual uninformed run around.
8 REPLIES 8

FongPoui
Rising Star II
From my experience, I bought a UX8402 with a Samsung 1TB Nvme. I asked Zentalk about the capacity of internal storage. Falcon_asus gave me the right information that this model can take maximum 2TB Pcl gen 4. I bought a new Samsung 2TB and paid 300 B for the replacement at Bangkok Asus Service Center. I use the old nvme as an external drive. Be careful, your old ssd is bitlocked, you will need to go to your microsoft account and search for the bitlocker id that fits to your laptop. If you use microsoft account for several devices, your bitlocker will change according to your computer model.

FongPoui
Rising Star II
I had to pay for the replacement at ASC because of the warranty.
If I had did it at the shop where I purchased the NVme, I would have lost my warranty.

dkbayne1948
Star I
Has anyone ever found the UX5400 ZB complete with 1TB vs 512GB.

FongPoui
Rising Star II
I found two different specifications:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/systems-devices/sku/h99572218/asus-zenbook-14x-oled...
The first link is from Intel.com with the precise model: ux540zb. I think that the storage capacity is only limited to 512GB.
========================
Storage
Total Storage size
512 GB
Solid State Drive Capacity
512 GB
Storage Media Type
SSD
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/Zenbook/Zenbook-14X-OLED-UX5400-12th-Gen-Intel/techspec/
From Asus.com link, it is very confusing to see the unclear information. Asus should precise the total storage capacity and the default storage, In my case (ux8402ze,) I had to ask for the information from Zentalk before upgrading my storage from 1TB to 2TB.
================================
512GB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 4.0 Performance SSD
1TB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 4.0 Performance SSD
1TB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 4.0 SSD
512GB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 4.0 SSD