This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the recommended upgrade to SSD and memory for my "ASUS VivoBook 14 X442UF"

adc2030
Star I
System: YES
Battery or AC:
Model: X442UF
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hi Everyone, I'm planning to upgrade my ASUS VivoBook 14 X442UF. What is the recommended (manufacturer limit) to upgrade capacity for hard disk (HDD to SSD), and memory DDR4 2400 or 2666.
I want to change it from 1TB HDD to 1TB SSD, and my memory from 4GB to 16GB of DDR4-2400 or DDR4-2666. Anyone experience upgrading your laptop on this model X442UF. Thank you for all your comments.
4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
This model is supporting 2400Hz RAM, the slot can install up to 8GB.
And the largest capacity of M.2 SSD we have tested on this model is 512GB.
The 2.5inch ones, we are not able to guarantee the performance or compatibility.
Thank you.

walya
Star III
this have only 1 slot max 8GB
if 4GB onboard, = 4GB +8GB max 12GB, 16gb Max for 8GB ram Onbaord model
for SSD first check the existing slot if only m2. sata or only sata, if only sata, can only use sata ssd only
jenis-ssd.jpg

adc2030
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

This model is supporting 2400Hz RAM, the slot can install up to 8GB.

And the largest capacity of M.2 SSD we have tested on this model is 512GB.

The 2.5inch ones, we are not able to guarantee the performance or compatibility.

Thank you.

View post
Thank you for your info, today I just upgraded my storage to SSD (1TB SSD Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5") and memory to 2666MHZ (Kingston - KVR26S19S8/8, 8GB PC4-2666 CL19 260-Pin SODIMM). The memory 2400MHZ is already out in the market, so the technician advises changing it to 2666 HZ. Since my laptop is i7 8Gen, it will work fine to 2666MHZ but the speed runs at a slower speed at 2400MHZ.
Now I'm happy with the performance of my new upgrade. The technician advises me to buy an external enclosure for my old hard disk as my backup disk.
Thanks everyone, I hope I can share value with anyone who is planning to upgrade and has the same model as mine.

adc2030
Star I
walya

this have only 1 slot max 8GB

if 4GB onboard, = 4GB +8GB max 12GB, 16gb Max for 8GB ram Onbaord model

for SSD first check the existing slot if only m2. sata or only sata, if only sata, can only use sata ssd only

jenis-ssd.jpg

View post
Thank you for your info, today I just upgraded my storage to SSD (1TB SSD Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5") and memory to 2666MHZ (Kingston - KVR26S19S8/8, 8GB PC4-2666 CL19 260-Pin SODIMM). The memory 2400MHZ is already out in the market, so the technician advises changing it to 2666 HZ. Since my laptop is i7 8Gen, it will work fine to 2666MHZ but the speed runs at a slower speed at 2400MHZ.
Now I'm happy with the performance of my new upgrade. The technician advises me to buy an external enclosure for my old hard disk as my backup disk.
Thanks everyone, I hope I can share value with anyone who is planning to upgrade and has the same model as mine.