murcielago_nl
Star I
Model: ZC600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ZS600KL_15.1630.1811.46_0
Frequency of Occurrence: often
Rooted: No
APP Name: Bluetooth connection

Hi there, I use my ROG phone as my main musicsource in the car (as I did with previous phones). However, the bluetooth-connection seems to be very unstable. Everytime I drive past an electricity pylon and past mobilebroadcast poles the connection is disrupted every 2 seconds (basically the music starts to sound like I'm listening to a scratched CD from 10 years ago). Basically it seems like the bluetoothsignal from the phone is too weak when in crowded, signalrich surroundings. My previous phone (LG) had a similar problem after a terrible update, which was fixed in a new update 2 weeks later by LG, so it seems to be a software problem. Usually the car has no problems whatsoever connecting (connection works fine when in non-crowded areas). (Car is a Volvo V40 from 2014). Next to this, my (new) BOSE headphones also struggle with maintaining connection in signalrich area's (downtown Amsterdam for instance). I hope you can look into / fix this because I cant go without my music on the road (and listening to disrupting music is very frustrating). Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi murcielago_nl, Could you tell me the brand, model, and year of your car? Are you using the radio that comes with the car? Is the Bluetooth connection disconnected or does any error message appear? Or only the music affected? Please tell me which app (and its version) you are using to listen music. If there is an music sample please also provide to us. Could you record a short video of this problem? To share videos, please upload to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/ )or any other cloud storage website, and share the link with us. Thank you and have a nice day 🙂

murcielago_nl
Star I
Thanks for replying. I'm using the normal radio built in the car. The car is a 2014 Volvo V40 Momentum. Only music is affected (both the own musicplayer and Spotify, all updated to the latest version). I can check when I'll be able to record this (however I will need a second phone and its hard to record when driving on a highway).

wai_hon_leong
Star I
Asus had problems with their phone's bluetooth since their ZF3 (2016) and it seems that they had never fixed it.

Zunkey
Star I
wai.hon.leong posted on 2019/1/14 04:15 Asus had problems with their phone's bluetooth since their ZF3 (2016) and it seems that they had nev ...
Works on my car with no drops. Seems to be hard to reproduce. In on a ww model (Canada)