Igneel
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2 Global edition
Firmware Version: Latest A10, Latest A9
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): No new apps
In addition to the information above, please also provide as many details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi @Gustav_ASUS , @ARP_ASUS , @CH_ASUS ,

I'm writing this due to my phone being dead exactly a year from purchase (Dec 2019 - Dec 2020).

Here's some context. In July 2020 I dropped my phone, LCD cracked and sent it for repair back to Malaysia. Now I'm working in Singapore so it was a hassle to get it there and the process took 2 months to get back. Essentially losing 2 months of warranty. 

September 2020 to Early December the phone was fine, but come 2nd week it started having auto-restart issue out of the blue (there wasn't any update or anything new installed). I should have sent it back for RMA but knowing the process is complicated and I harbour the delivery cost I tried to fix it myself. 

I downgraded to A9 and that seemed to solve the problem as did others in the Zentalk Forum. So I concluded buggy A10 as usual. Come February my phone died out of the blue and won't power on, can't connect to pc at all. 

Brought it to local repair shops and they can't fix it as its a motherboard issue. 

Now here I am along with others on the forum angry about this issue. I'm not sure if this is a manufacturer defect from purchased or something that went wrong during my first RMA. 

I'm writing this email in hopes of getting Asus to help me fix the motherboard at their expense as this is a known issue and through no fault of mine. I have already paid SGD 1200 for the device, another 350 for the RMA and I'm pretty sure the motherboard is going to cost at least 600+, at this point I'm better off buying another brand.

I along with many others are participating in a class-action lawsuit if we don't receive favourable help and in Singapore, we have Lemon laws and Malaysia, their consumer laws.

Please I implore the rep that is reading this to help us get justice for manufacturer defect or at least escalate this to relevant parties. I loved my Rog 2 but now its an expensive brick. I'm very disappointed that this is categorized as a premium phone.
6 REPLIES 6

gsanchez
Rising Star II
Even my device working fine, I am replacing for Samsung. Asus lied to us saying that we would have bimonthly updates and 2 major Android updates. I am just waiting for my new device to come (Galaxy S20 FE) to say goodbye and hoping new owner stay happy with it (she doesn't care about updates as I care).

Igneel
Star III
gsanchez

Even my device working fine, I am replacing for Samsung. Asus lied to us saying that we would have bimonthly updates and 2 major Android updates. I am just waiting for my new device to come (Galaxy S20 FE) to say goodbye and hoping new owner stay happy with it (she doesn't care about updates as I care).

View post
Yeah, I'm on a borrowed Samsung phone as well. Honestly, if Asus can honor a manufacturer defect and fix my phone I would still use it, I don't really mind no update but I do mind an expensive brick.

Igneel
Star III
gsanchez

View post
What's worse is that the ROG 2 was my first android phone. I was an iPhone user for the longest time, really disappointed smh.

pakdhw
Star II
ASUS have TERRIBLE REPUTATION in Software Development on Smartphone, Especially on PSEUDO Flagship ROG Phone, when NEW ROG Phone has been release, OLD ROG has become FORGOTTEN DEVICE