This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

Vamp
Zen Master I
And for me customisation is not a big deal. As a matter of fact my home screen looks the same from day 1. But it matters to some so having customisation options to the extent where it doesn't affects the battery is truly required.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156215#Comment_156215

Let me correct you Top notch hardware "but with flaws" (just because you got a nice handset doesn't mean we are lying about hardware problems) and descent "poorly supported" software.

I don't know if you are living in 2000's but the need of better software support makes a company grow. Take Samsung and OnePlus for example. They have substantial better growth not due to hardware but also due to consistentancy of software updates.

Please don't reply or create a debate further regarding this. I mean there was a time where mobile developers used to never update there Android OS and I'm definitely sure you must adore that time.

I'm a general consumer who will never root phone because I don't want any complexities using the device and not the geeky one like you. But still need the latest software atleast for 2 years and present devices like Rog 5 for atleast 3 years.

I was a Asus user since zenfone 2 followed by zenfone 3 and then RoG 2. I brought zenfone 3 just because of clutter free experience of ZenUI 3 of zenfone 3.

For me I'm so done with Asus now until they have better software support strategy as only hardware doesn't make a device appealing.

And for Asus just read each comment line by line here and just like realise how much you have been humiliated by the members of Zentalk and better make sure you give less chance to be humiliated this much from this current moment.

Only some, (whome am I kidding) "Quite literally one" Asus fanboy is trying to convince everyone that poor software updates from your side is acceptable.

View post
I presume the "flaws" you are talking about is the restart issue. There has been a number of posts/responses to visit service centre. The thing is, people do not listen because they are getting charged for it. Again, I already said as a consumer is to be clever and ask questions.
As for customizations, that is up to the company itself. The fact that people are complaining about battery life and also not enough features kind of conflict with each other. The way to keep that performance is to be clutter free.
I am a consumer too, therefore ASUS should take into my consideration too 🙂

ronald1985
Community Legend I
"Only some, (whome am I kidding) "Quite literally one" Asus fanboy is trying to convince everyone that poor software updates from your side is acceptable."
I don't mind if you called me out - at least I am talking on behalf of the million people who are not on Zentalk who do not have issues.

ronakvimalraj
Star II
If a phone that is one and a half year old gets hardware issues.. Isn't that asus's fault for using substandard materials to make the phone?
Considering there are alot of people facing this issue

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156398#Comment_156398

I presume the "flaws" you are talking about is the restart issue. There has been a number of posts/responses to visit service centre. The thing is, people do not listen because they are getting charged for it. Again, I already said as a consumer is to be clever and ask questions.

As for customizations, that is up to the company itself. The fact that people are complaining about battery life and also not enough features kind of conflict with each other. The way to keep that performance is to be clutter free.

I am a consumer too, therefore ASUS should take into my consideration too 🙂

View post
"Flaws" incorporate everything from squishy buttons, some faulty batteries, some faulty motherboards to some faulty displays.
ronald1985

"Only some, (whome am I kidding) "Quite literally one" Asus fanboy is trying to convince everyone that poor software updates from your side is acceptable."

I don't mind if you called me out - at least I am talking on behalf of the million people who are not on Zentalk who do not have issues.

View post
A million... It's Asus we are talking... You really believe that.
And you are not talking for anybody instead for yourself. People who are not on Zentalk and still having problems majorly contact the service center and trusted source like reddit or XDA forums not scroll threads on Zentalk.