This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squishy Buttons

Not applicable
My ROG Phone 2 buttons got squishy and there is absolutely no tactile feedback from the buttons. My phone ran out of warranty on 13th October 2020. What is the reason behind the buttons getting squishy and will it be fixed without any cost or will they charge me to fix this?
8 REPLIES 8

i guess they will charge you for that. same did happen with my power button but i was lucky my device was under warranty. you should call up the service centre and enquire them

mr_strange
Rising Star II
Akash Gupta

My ROG Phone 2 buttons got squishy and there is absolutely no tactile feedback from the buttons. My phone ran out of warranty on 13th October 2020. What is the reason behind the buttons getting squishy and will it be fixed without any cost or will they charge me to fix this?

Squishy Buttons
Exactly. Both My volume buttons are working but tactile feedback. It's hard to press. It got squishy just a week after my warranty expired. If you get it fixed, please share the price they took to replace it

Not applicable
mr.strange

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40895/squishy-buttons

Exactly. Both My volume buttons are working but tactile feedback. It's hard to press. It got squishy just a week after my warranty expired. If you get it fixed, please share the price they took to replace it

View post
Fixed my buttons by applying some isopropyl alchohol near the button edges, leave the phone off for around 2 min then blow dry the buttons. Fixed mine!

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Even my power button went hard with no tactile feedback two months ago. Right on the day when my warranty ran out. I posted here about it and Asus India contacted me and offered free service despite out of warranty. But I didn't take it as there were cases of new issues popping up when device came from Service center, so wasn't willing to take the risk.
Maybe you could contact a mod here who can arrange a call back from Asus India.