This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 won't connect to car Bluetooth

aoconno6
Star I
Today I purchased the ROG Phone 2, and when I tried to pair it to my car (A 2013 Subaru Legacy), it said "Pairing was rejected by CAR_M_Media". This is super upsetting as I love this phone but not being able to connect it to my cars Bluetooth would be enough for me to return it. I looked around online and saw that car pairing was a big problem with this phone but haven't been able to find a fix for this. Also I should mention that I have had many Samsung phones and iPhones connected to my cars Bluetooth with no issue. Does anyone know a fix to this or steps I can take to diagnose my issue, or is it hopeless for this phone?
Edit: The phones software is fully up to date with version 17.0230.2004.60 using Android 10
9 REPLIES 9

ronald1985
Community Legend I
aoconno6

Today I purchased the ROG Phone 2, and when I tried to pair it to my car (A 2013 Subaru Legacy), it said "Pairing was rejected by CAR_M_Media". This is super upsetting as I love this phone but not being able to connect it to my cars Bluetooth would be enough for me to return it. I looked around online and saw that car pairing was a big problem with this phone but haven't been able to find a fix for this. Also I should mention that I have had many Samsung phones and iPhones connected to my cars Bluetooth with no issue. Does anyone know a fix to this or steps I can take to diagnose my issue, or is it hopeless for this phone?

Edit: The phones software is fully up to date with version 17.0230.2004.60 using Android 10

ROG Phone 2 won't connect to car Bluetooth
Do you have Developer Mode on? If so, turn it off and see if you get the same error message. I have a 2015 car, works fine for me no problem.

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
Same problem with my diabetic hardware,
Instead the phone gives a pop-up for filling in a pin code . He just shows a pop-up with latest serial number of my glucosemeter, so i then try to filling serial and offcourse it's always wrong.
Bever had this problem with Samsung's Galaxy s series, not even when tried on cheaper phones drop friends

aoconno6
Star I
So the phone is not in developer mode but if I had to guess, the phone only works with Bluetooth 3.0 and the car only works with Bluetooth 2.0 so I will soon contact Subaru to see if there is a software update I can flash onto the car stereo and if not I might just upgrade the stereo to one that works.... I tested today to see if the phone could connect to my friends 2019 impreza and it worked with no issue so I am assuming this is the problem, but I will keep you all posted with my progress.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
aoconno6

So the phone is not in developer mode but if I had to guess, the phone only works with Bluetooth 3.0 and the car only works with Bluetooth 2.0 so I will soon contact Subaru to see if there is a software update I can flash onto the car stereo and if not I might just upgrade the stereo to one that works.... I tested today to see if the phone could connect to my friends 2019 impreza and it worked with no issue so I am assuming this is the problem, but I will keep you all posted with my progress.

View post
Great! On a side note, not sure where you got Bluetooth 3.0 from but according to the website of ROG 2, it has Bluetooth v5.0 which is the latest version.
Do let us know how you get on.