This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 display.

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
If we change the ROG PHONE 2 display what and all the display component contains?
Only the display will be changed or the display with copper cooling pad also will be changed?
I saw in a tear down video that the display is attached with the frame of the phone.. So the battery, and other components remain the same or will it be changed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I think they will only change the display panel and not the cooling pad. If you go back to the tear down video from JerryRigEverything you will notice that he had to peel back another black layer before the copper cooling pad is exposed.
All the other components should remain the same. Unless you damage the chassis too ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I think they will only change the display panel and not the cooling pad. If you go back to the tear down video from JerryRigEverything you will notice that he had to peel back another black layer before the copper cooling pad is exposed.
All the other components should remain the same. Unless you damage the chassis too ?

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
So only the display in the front and its wire that is connected to motherboard has to be removed right?

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
venkatarahul98

So only the display in the front and its wire that is connected to motherboard has to be removed right?

View post
Yep they will only remove the front display and disconnect the flex cable.
The cost and the list of replacement parts needed will be determined by the technician at your local service centre.