This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2, Android 11

ZT-d8ffdb4b
Star I
Rog phone 2 vai receber a segunda atualização de Android ou não!?
10 REPLIES 10

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178677#Comment_178677

"My only concern is Redmi has so many line-up still they could get you the promised major update.

#ASUS team any answer?"

Is it a gaming phone? Does it have all the fancy UI, configure your device performance? Does it have shoulder/air triggers?

View post
Dude being honest... After Snapdragon killing "Plus" series... It's just air triggers which differentiate ROG with so called "Non" gaming phones now. Armoury crate is something which Asus was doing exclusive till ROG 2 then other companies caught up with Asus. And with Google incorporating Gaming mode into android, gaming phones world are dying because of lack of software support. Even "Non" gaming phones have high refreshing screens and being honest they are far better than what a gaming phone has to offer.
Either Asus be like "Non" gaming phones for providing better software support or Rest in Peace like HTC for mobile devices specifically RoG phone series.
Anyways... Remember HTC was legends of mobile devices until they didn't changed themselves with the world moving forward. Now they don't even exist.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178701#Comment_178701

Dude being honest... After Snapdragon killing "Plus" series... It's just air triggers which differentiate ROG with so called "Non" gaming phones now. Armoury crate is something which Asus was doing exclusive till ROG 2 then other companies caught up with Asus. And with Google incorporating Gaming mode into android, gaming phones world are dying because of lack of software support. Even "Non" gaming phones have high refreshing screens and being honest they are far better than what a gaming phone has to offer.

Either Asus be like "Non" gaming phones for providing better software support or Rest in Peace like HTC for mobile devices specifically RoG phone series.

Anyways... Remember HTC was legends of mobile devices until they didn't changed themselves with the world moving forward. Now they don't even exist.

View post
Nothing wrong with your post at all.
The fact a company has to do innovation will have to risk what they have to see the outcome. Without innovation, all phones will become the same but with different branding. Innovation will have failures to them, but that is a lesson learnt to build on, not to be made fun of.
Providing 2 to 3 years of OS updates, well I don't see any innovation in that. Just copy and paste job as some would put that.
Remember, Apple, Hwawei and Android phones like Samsung (with their edge screen as an example) have all taken a risk with their innovations. Innovations will have problems at some point. And also, innovations can also be copied indirectly.
Does this mean I think ROG series will go? To me, it depends on their next innovative ideas of the next gen. But I don't think OS updates is the answer.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178701#Comment_178701

View post
Misleading at best.
The reason the plus series has vanished is because qualcomm has to try hard now. Qualcomm was much like intel in a lone position at the top, where noone could touch them, however this has changed drasticly with AMD's work with Samsung. Qualcomm could no longer allow themselves to hold back and need to push out something that can compete. The SD 865 chip is a massively underclocked chipset that can easily sustain high clockspeeds without a problem, infact the SD 865 is about the same speed as a SD 888 if all limitations are gone. Qualcomm wanted to pull an intel on us since it would make them tons of money, however that plan went down the drain due to AMD's competition.
There are more differences between a gaming phone and a normal phone. You're completely disregarding so many factors that it makes me wonder why you would even post this answer. The SoC itself isn't the only thing that is different from normal and gaming phones.
For once the cooling is way different, most gaming phones have very sufficient cooling in order to keep the SoC at bay, this cannot be said for all other phones. Most consumer phones will throttle their performance. Just because 2 phones have the same SoC, doesn't mean they will perform the same due to thermal limitations.
Another big factor is the rather massive difference in touch response, most consumer phones have awful touch response times, to the point where it's generally accepted that Iphones with fast panels are simply superior to android phones, even tho that is not true due to the existance of gaming phones.
Then there is the obvious fact that the speakers on gaming phones stomp the consumer phones. Not to mention that the wifi antennas have been strenghtened on gaming phones as well. Overall gaming phones have a very strong focus on performance and featureset (expect for camera), while consumer phones do not focus on performance and gaming experience.

Vamp
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/179220#Comment_179220

Misleading at best.

The reason the plus series has vanished is because qualcomm has to try hard now. Qualcomm was much like intel in a lone position at the top, where noone could touch them, however this has changed drasticly with AMD's work with Samsung. Qualcomm could no longer allow themselves to hold back and need to push out something that can compete. The SD 865 chip is a massively underclocked chipset that can easily sustain high clockspeeds without a problem, infact the SD 865 is about the same speed as a SD 888 if all limitations are gone. Qualcomm wanted to pull an intel on us since it would make them tons of money, however that plan went down the drain due to AMD's competition.

There are more differences between a gaming phone and a normal phone. You're completely disregarding so many factors that it makes me wonder why you would even post this answer. The SoC itself isn't the only thing that is different from normal and gaming phones.

For once the cooling is way different, most gaming phones have very sufficient cooling in order to keep the SoC at bay, this cannot be said for all other phones. Most consumer phones will throttle their performance. Just because 2 phones have the same SoC, doesn't mean they will perform the same due to thermal limitations.

Another big factor is the rather massive difference in touch response, most consumer phones have awful touch response times, to the point where it's generally accepted that Iphones with fast panels are simply superior to android phones, even tho that is not true due to the existance of gaming phones.

Then there is the obvious fact that the speakers on gaming phones stomp the consumer phones. Not to mention that the wifi antennas have been strenghtened on gaming phones as well. Overall gaming phones have a very strong focus on performance and featureset (expect for camera), while consumer phones do not focus on performance and gaming experience.

View post
It's not misleading. It's just a way to perceiving product as a consumer.
I never said why Qualcomm stop making plus series, even only who works for the company on these projects knows the real reason. And that's not the point.
"Then there is the obvious fact that the speakers on gaming phones stomp the consumer phones. Not to mention that the wifi antennas have been strenghtened on gaming phones as well."
Speakers 10/10 there is no denying that.
Wifi - 7/10 ; moving around antenna does not increase the strength. RoG series have average wifi performance at best.
"Overall gaming phones have a very strong focus on performance and featureset (expect for camera), while consumer phones do not focus on performance and gaming experience."
Gaming phones ranks higher in synthetic benchmark but that does not mean that real life experience is any different from any other devices having the same hardware and thermal throttling depends from device to device.
"Another big factor is the rather massive difference in touch response, most consumer phones have awful touch response times"
Some Non gaming phones have reached touch response of gaming phones.

What's the main topic here updating software support strategy will not kill them.
Not everyone suggests to buy a gaming phones over non gaming phones due to slower and lacking software support. If they can change that, it's there profit. Sales will go up, people for once start suggesting to buy gaming phone. They have a good set of hardware but not a good set of software.
And also don't reply saying that Asus is good when it comes to update stability. Asus is not a god so stop praising them saying things like they always release bugs free update and companies like OnePlus puts out updates with bug. They all are the same in this category. Except for the speed of the update.
I'm not here to trash Asus but I'm here for an honest unbiased feedback.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Good lord so much misinformation and crap so lets debunk this nonsense before someone takes it serious.
Except there are literally 4 wifi antennas in the Rog3 for instance while consumer phones have half of it. Not only that but you can use dual band to connect to 2 wifi spots at the same time using them both simultaneously and to boot you get ASUS's hyperfusion technology, to quote gsmarena:
The ROG Phone 4 has a total of four Wi-Fi antennas and a system called HyperFusion, which allows the software to switch between these automatically, as well as a cellular data connection, for the lowest possible latency and best speed.
Wifi capabilities are measurably better on gaming phones that focus on wifi such as the Rog3. Wifi is much more stable than your typical consumer phones. Your claim about average wifi coverage is baseless and is something you can throw out the window. When doing a speedtest my Rog3 consistently outperformed a S20 ultra, Iphone 12, razer phone 1, and a motorolla one zoom, which the zoom hilariously enough came in 2nd, the worst of them all was the S20 ultra, this is based on 15 speedtests on all phones.
Gaming phones ranks higher in synthetic benchmark but that does not mean that real life experience is any different from any other devices having the same hardware and thermal throttling depends from device to device.
Another clueless claim that needs debunking this instant. Gaming phones do infact NOT score higher in synthethic benchmarks, it's exacly the opposite. Gaming Phones score the same as consumer grade phones as synthethic benchmarks are quite short and worthless, this is why people started doing proper benchmarks with emulation and 3dmark stresstest in order to get a much better idea. Here a perfect example of a stresstest:
gaming-phones.png
As it's very obvious all gaming phones sustained their max performance in the 99 percentile without a problem, however the consumer grade phone dropped 30% of it's performance. Note that this wildlife stresstest is much less demanding than emulation or gaming with recording / hard to run game like genshin impact, so expect even more performance loss, this also causes a lot more issues in terms of frametimes.
Some Non gaming phones have reached touch response of gaming phones.
Another baseless claim, as mentioned, aside from the Iphone no android phone has a responsetime close to gaming phones. Reason obviously being battery life hits, so it wouldnt even make sense to implement a more responsive touch input anyways.

Not everyone suggests to buy a gaming phones over non gaming phones due to slower and lacking software support. If they can change that, it's there profit. Sales will go up, people for once start suggesting to buy gaming phone. They have a good set of hardware but not a good set of software.
Consumer grade phones are the ones you would usually recommend as they have features that typical consumers will like more on average, be it size, design, weight, camera or software support, nobody should reocmmend a gaming phone to anyone who doesnt do a lot of gaming. Also to debunk your entire crap with software real quick, the software on the Rog phones are excellent, sadly the software support is awful, big difference.

And also don't reply saying that Asus is good when it comes to update stability. Asus is not a god so stop praising them saying things like they always release bugs free update and companies like OnePlus puts out updates with bug. They all are the same in this category. Except for the speed of the update.
Nice troll, I'm constantly crapping on ASUS if they do something dumb, see Rog5 clown fiesta. You implying that I'm a fanboy is hysterical.
Also ASUS did handle the A11 upgrade on Rog3 WAY better than Oneplus did, hell their Oneplus 7T A11 update was/is on a disaster clown scale like the Rog5 currently is.
Thus far all you have shown is ignorance. Reading your post makes informed users head hurt.