This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 2 Android 11 update

死神
Star II
So A11 is out on Chinese site but not on English one yet. However after using it for a day i face some problems. Im not complaining here, just wanna share my experience and maybe find a solution or two.

First, quick settings tiles are kinda laggy. Like fps toggle tile sometimes doesn't response and including some other tiles, they need more than a tap to toggle. Few tiles work a few seconds later. Then the animation. While locking the screen theres no animation.

The phn froze few times but then unfroze few seconds later, probably optimization issues and i hope devs will fix that soon.

Battery life seems fine but i cant tell much just after a day. Also im happy to see the new feature, charging limit.

The auto brightness thing might seem okay but i liked how the old one works. Yes the are more responsive but for me, a bit too responsive. Also i think they dont adopt to users taste like before.

On A11, its possible to mute separate apps from volume panel but not possible to adjust volume for separate apps. I dont actually know if thats available on stock A11 but i saw that somewhere and i hope we get that too.

As for preference im not sure if its better or worse i mean it feels the same as before. But i think there has to be some difference and i would like to know.

The haptics are not quite there like before or so i think.

Now, i had a problem and i hope i was the only one to face that. After updating i was shown file manager not responding and guess what, my image audio video no files were detected by the gallery nor file manager. But they were there. I ended up factory resetting and then things got normal.

Really hoping that the devs make this A11 perfect before ditching ROG phone 2.
30 REPLIES 30

ZT959595
Rising Star II
bhargavkumar.labishetty

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195890#Comment_195890

Can you share more experiences please about A11?

View post
So far, it's been great. Very smooth and battery friendly.
Some apps behave differently on A11 than on A10 even though the app version is the same. Watch out for apps that are still not fully A11 compatible.
One thing that I do wish for is the option to disable the "pill" at the bottom...it's annoying. But I think it is a Google thing...not sure if Google would allow Asus to disable it since Google wants uniform Android experience across different manufacturers.

bhargavkumar_la
Star III
ZT-f84b1afe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195898#Comment_195898

So far, it's been great. Very smooth and battery friendly.

Some apps behave differently on A11 than on A10 even though the app version is the same. Watch out for apps that are still not fully A11 compatible.

One thing that I do wish for is the option to disable the "pill" at the bottom...it's annoying. But I think it is a Google thing...not sure if Google would allow Asus to disable it since Google wants uniform Android experience across different manufacturers.

View post
Thanks for sharing. So you would suggest to format the phone before I update to A11?
Any other things we have to take care?

I haven't received any update yet so far. Hope to be released soon

ZT959595
Rising Star II
bhargavkumar.labishetty

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195902#Comment_195902

Thanks for sharing. So you would suggest to format the phone before I update to A11?

Any other things we have to take care?

I haven't received any update yet so far. Hope to be released soon

View post

For major version upgrades, I always update then factory reset.
But your idea is not bad...factory reset then update might be even better. Clean OS before updating so there is less chance of an app fracking it up.
Next time, I might factory reset, don't set up any accounts, upgrade Android, factory reset again after the upgrade then finally set everything up.
If you are on WW, you could probably just download the whole firmware from Asus' website and upgrade. Even though the firmware is marked for TW, I see a few people outside of Taiwan on XDA have done it. I am not sure why they mark it as "TW-Only"...could be carrier issue so you might need to consider that.

bhargavkumar_la
Star III
ZT-f84b1afe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195905#Comment_195905

For major version upgrades, I always update then factory reset.

But your idea is not bad...factory reset then update might be even better. Clean OS before updating so there is less chance of an app fracking it up.

Next time, I might factory reset, don't set up any accounts, upgrade Android, factory reset again after the upgrade then finally set everything up.

If you are on WW, you could probably just download the whole firmware from Asus' website and upgrade. Even though the firmware is marked for TW, I see a few people outside of Taiwan on XDA have done it. I am not sure why they mark it as "TW-Only"...could be carrier issue so you might need to consider that.

View post
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I am eagerly waiting for the new update. How's battery experience so far?

Vableme
Rising Star II
bhargavkumar.labishetty

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/195952#Comment_195952

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am eagerly waiting for the new update. How's battery experience so far?

View post
My battery capacity has increased after i updated to A11. It seems like A10 really had bad battery calibration. My battery had gone up from 4200mAh back to 5200mAh.