PhysiTech
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone II
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.78
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Very high
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to the information above, please also provide as many details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Guys Please I am not here again to roast someone and I am not a software engineer I am a physicist. My phone was also causing the restart problem very frequently like every time I close some app or scrolling the home screen or plugging the phone for charging. But recently I noticed something strange, whenever i was playing PUBG mobile my phone never had a single restart and that surprised me. I was playing PUBG on extreme performance settings (90fps ultra HD) so I started to play with phone`s settings like I put my phone on X mode-120 fps and after that I got no restart. Again I am not a programming or software expert. I was just messing with settings.
Here i am sharing some screen shots of battery usage which can show how many times i got the restart.

screenshot-20210517-123826524-5b1-5d.jpg
so firstly I charged my phone to 100% and turn on X mode and 120fps setting to see the problem. After the battery discharged 50% i turned of X mode but screen referesh rate was 120fps and I got first restart which is visible in screenshot. Next I reversed the settings, turned On X mode and decresed the referesh rate to normal 60fps. ( the above screenshot had been taken after the 120fps settings turned off, after reboot). till the power decreased to 1% no restarts.
screenshot-20210518-011932823-5b1-5d.jpg
In this pic you can notice one more restart which is again caused by turning off the X mode settings to conform this. since then i am running my phone on X mode continuously and surprisingly it didn`t restart till now even on charging.
Conclusion: so if I guess the restart problem is mainly because of software not the Hardware. again guys i am not an expert but please corss check this with your phone too whoever getting this problem before replacing your power IC.
thank you
ROG Phone has a GOD like hardware with shittty software
22 REPLIES 22

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167364#Comment_167364

The one tard here would be you, suggesting to kill the power IC entirely and possibly the SoC as well instead of repair.

You already said it yourself, you're clueless, so stop making stupid topics about theories. Nobody cares for your opinion. If you have a sickness, you only care what your doctor tells you not what your clueless co worker tells you, so stop acting like anybody even cares about what you have to say.

You don't have the mental capacity to roast me anyways, so stop pretending.

Your posts suggests you're not very mentally stable to begin with, I suggest you find help. Maybe you yelled at your service center and got kicked out and now you don't get any service and cry every day on how a bad naughty boy you were with a half broken phone ticking a timer until the power IC completely dies and ull have nothing but a brick.

View post
The only thing needs repairing here is your brain dear. If it seems I am suggesting to kill IC then it would be very beneficial for everyone because finally they can get rid of ASUckS DrOG phone.
I provided the screen shots to have a look not like you barking here like a retard dog. At least I am sharing my experience not opinion. If nobody cares about it then why are you here to get your ass drilled by me. Yes I have sickness to fuck the shithead like you and it's prescribed by my doctor.
Don't guess my mental capacity yet, even a retaeded dog has an IQ higher than you. I know who's gonna cry here after few comments. So all the best shithead try not to mess with me.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
@PhysiTech you might be wrong,earlier I when I was used split mode in multitasking and run 2 apps at a time my device used to restart and stuck in the bootloader then I had to search for solutions on youtube to get to recovery mode and then restart it to get the phone back to normal
Even when I was playing pubg and Asphalt 9 in xmode profile for an extended period ,in the middle of match all of sudden phone used to restart and phone used heat a lot even while schrolling through youtube and browsing
Asus offered me free MB replacement and service center confirmed that it needs a replacement
After the replacement phone thermals have gone down rapidly now it stays cool for day to day tasks even while gaming phone never restarts
So I thank asus for free MB replacement
Please do not misguide other users
If they are facing this issue ,they have to get a replacement before it's too late and I hope asus will help them too

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
anjubunny123

@PhysiTech you might be wrong,earlier I when I was used split mode in multitasking and run 2 apps at a time my device used to restart and stuck in the bootloader then I had to search for solutions on youtube to get to recovery mode and then restart it to get the phone back to normal

Even when I was playing pubg and Asphalt 9 in xmode profile for an extended period ,in the middle of match all of sudden phone used to restart and phone used heat a lot even while schrolling through youtube and browsing

Asus offered me free MB replacement and service center confirmed that it needs a replacement

After the replacement phone thermals have gone down rapidly now it stays cool for day to day tasks even while gaming phone never restarts

So I thank asus for free MB replacement

Please do not misguide other users

If they are facing this issue ,they have to get a replacement before it's too late and I hope asus will help them too

View post
ok my bad. Do whatever you want to do with your device.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
PhysiTech

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167373#Comment_167373

The only thing needs repairing here is your brain dear. If it seems I am suggesting to kill IC then it would be very beneficial for everyone because finally they can get rid of ASUckS DrOG phone.

I provided the screen shots to have a look not like you barking here like a retard dog. At least I am sharing my experience not opinion. If nobody cares about it then why are you here to get your ass drilled by me. Yes I have sickness to fuck the shithead like you and it's prescribed by my doctor.

Don't guess my mental capacity yet, even a retaeded dog has an IQ higher than you. I know who's gonna cry here after few comments. So all the best shithead try not to mess with me.

View post
Your insults are as scathing as insults from a 12 year old. Not very impressed thus far.
If you want to try and "diss" me, at least try to do it like an adult and not like a mentally damaged patient which escaped the asylum and found access to a PC.
You have showcased on multiple occasions you have no clue what you're talking about, not only that but you admitted yourself on multiple occasions that you're clueless. Yet when a person who knows what he's talking about corrects your mental vomit you spread on these forums you get defensive and your brain turns into an elementry school kid's brain and starts writing incoherent english.
As mentioned before, nobody cares about your mental vomit, nobody cares about your experiences. The very idea that you think you're some kind of "dissmaster" makes it quite cringe to read your posts anyways. Please go back to your asylum and let the people treat you so you can turn out to be a human being that can function in society again.
Also messing with little angry low mental capacity users like you is unavoidable to begin with. Once you got out of the asylum i would also suggest you get some help in building your self confidence, the fact that you're acting as defensive as you do seem to imply that you're quite insecure.
While you're at it, you might also let a professional figure out why you seem to be obsessed with dogs. You seem to have a strong urge to mention dogs in a negative manner, not sure why you seem to dislike dogs, maybe as a baby you got peed on by one, who knows, but I'd suggest you get that figured out buddy.

sonusarkar
Star I
Just wanted to say this, I have been facing this issue as well, after the last update. I noticed restart issue one time while playing pubgm, almost every time I put it to charge. Few other things I've noticed are when the internal temperature reaches around 42° c the reboot can occur, so I put the phone on charge with a table fan directed to it in a position where it got the most air on both sides. I let it charge from 33% - 95%, I have also noticed that if I charge for more 40%(30-70, 50-90) continuously it restarts. Now I am thinking about taking it for service, but I won't be able to pay for a MB replacement, I'd rather buy a new phone with some more money at that price. Probably go for one plus or Xiaomi phone with next flagship processor. Mostly because of the software support. As much as I like the ROG line-up of phones the software support is shit.