This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prolonging the battery life

vedhprakashy
Star II
This my first new phone I've ever gotten and I want to do anything I can to prolong the battery on-screen time and overall lifespan of it. I've already done most of my research on this topic myself and have applied what I learned, such as partial charging, avoiding hot places, planning to stop using fast/hyper-charging and a few more. I want to know what are you guys' take on this topic. Any tips are appreciated, it'll help both me and passing readers. Thank you in advance! ?
25 REPLIES 25

julienvd93
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/43807#Comment_43807

Lol why even bother about the battery that much

You guys have fricking 6000mah ?

Even if it'll deteriorate after the 2 yr mark it'll still be at around 5200-5400mah capacity imo

No need to worry

Btw scheduled charging is great for overnight charging

I'm on a phone with 3300mah battery (Zenfone 5z) it has an LCD and it's around 1.2+yrs old now and my charging patterns were"okayish" i guess i don't see a huge decline in my sot per charge from when i bought the phone and now ( a bit it's there but it's manageable imo)

Just use scheduled charging if you charge overnight frequently and you'll be just fine.

OEMs do their fair share of research before incorporating stuff no need to worry this much 😄

View post
The funny thing is that I don't bother about the battery all that much. The point is that a question was asked on how to extend battery life. That you and the bully feel that it's unnecessary to extend battery life because you will replace the phone after 2 years is fine but it's not answering the question that was being asked.
Exactly: OEM do their fair share of research before this stuff and they know that an acceptable phone life is 2 years. That's why they don't design the battery to last 7 or 8 years. If they wanted to they could but it's bad for business if there is no need to buy a new phone and phones get bulky (like the ROG). However since the ROG phone is using a battery 3 times the size of a small phones battery, its possible to extend the phones battery life quite easily by a lot without actually changing your behaviour all that much if you were already not using the full 100% battery cycle each day.
OPC

Apple will not only recommend to replace the battery. It will after the software update make your phone unusable. Then it will offer you a "generous" proposal to replace the battery at 50% discount to make you phone usable again. My own experience with iPhone 6s. I moved to Samsung then.

View post
Yeah apple "great" company..