This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone getting too hot when playing any game after the A10 update!

nakul696
Star III
While playing simple games like Brawl stars , the device gets to temperatures of 44+ (120Hz, without plugged in). This can't be normal and definitely the game shouldn't be blamed for this. We all know how COD mobile is almost unplayable now, most probably due to the game's internal issues but we cant change the fact that the device is getting super hot even with normal usage of the phone. I have taken a good break from that game till they fix it.

I know there have been many issues with A10 that are being discussed in the forum already. Its surprising that ASUS rolled out an update that has almost ruined the experience for their topmost consumer i.e. the gamer! I had a Xiaomi device before this and I upgraded to an ROG for superior performance but now I am almost missing my old phone because its updates and UI were very stable and convenient. I request you guys to please look into these issues and listen to your users otherwise the ROG series will not be able to hold its spot in the market.
@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @CH_ASUS

8 REPLIES 8

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Has it maybe gotten hotter where you live in the last two months? To my knowledge, it's not supposed to be hotter with A10 but maybe we haven't noticed because everyone at ASUS use our device in a much colder environment.
If you backup to google, then it will save things that can be tied to google services, call logs, not sure about sms (probably not), pictures and your video but not downloaded movies or music. Not personal files. I recommend you move all those to a pc before you downgrade.

sagarreddysag
Rising Star II
nakul696

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/71705#Comment_71705

around 37degrees.

View post
Don't trust in game genie temperature it keeps showing 37-38 . Use the infrared thermometer it shows 48 degrees after playing 1 hr of game . That also check at the left airflow vent side it's shows perfect temp .

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hey there is a new update:
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ROG Phone II (ZS660KL)

【Release Date】

2020/04/17

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Fixed the problem where you can use AirTriggers squeeze functions when opening some games in the landscape mode
  2. Fixed the problem where ASUS ZenScreen MB16AMT external screen can not be touched
  3. Fixed the issue where icon shape setting in developer options do not work 
  4. Fixed the problem where time info on the status bar disappeared when receiving a call and unlocking the device
  5. Fixed the problem where startup time is occasionally too long
  6. Fixed setup wizard not completing issue
  7. Removed Twitch streaming function in Game Genie

[200412] ROG Phone II_ZS660KL_WW_17.0230.2002.32
I have personally tested & can tell you that thermal has improved considering summers in India.

nakul696
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hey there is a new update:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/26099/200412-rog-phone-ii-zs660kl-ww-17-0230-2002-32

I have personally tested & can tell you that thermal has improved considering summers in India.

View post
I hope this works. We needed this very badly. Thanks for sharing.